Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
minneloushe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-12-2010, 10:37 PM

Looking for an Afghan Hound

Hi, I know this a very long shot but have recently lost my afghan girl & would so love to find another one to join our family. Before losing her in November I had been looking for another one for several months but there was no real urgency then, but now there is a huge hole as she was such a character. I have my name down with a couple of Afghan rescues but wonder if anyone on here knows of any for rehoming.

Thanks for reading.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2010, 09:44 AM
My route would have been afghan rescue too.

It'll be worth the wait.....

Sorry for your loss x
minneloushe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-12-2010, 10:33 PM
Vicki, thank you for your reply.

As I said in my initial post, it was along shot so I didnt really expect much response as there are very few Afghans being bred, therefore few in rescue, which is good for the breed & much as I want to find one, can't wish for it to be otherwise. So looks like I'm in for along wait.
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-02-2011, 07:46 PM
There MIGHT be one coming to me for fostering soon.If you'll pay the costs to get her over...(about £50) and a little something to the rescue responsible for her(not me sorry!)I'll see what can be done.I'll let you know when she arrives anyway.
minneloushe
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-02-2011, 05:13 PM
HiHoSilver I have just seen this post & feel bad that I have not updated.

A lady I have been in contact with for some time who had a litter of Afghans who were all sold before birth, had a cancelation so in mid january I got a delightful little Afghan girl, A lovely start to my new year.

I cant pm you as I dont have sufficient posts & dont know whether you can can pm me either but I would still be very interested to hear more about this girl you think may be coming in to foster (& I think £ 50 to get her over from Ireland sounds very reasonable ).

Thank you
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

27-02-2011, 02:00 PM
No news of her yet,the rescue haven't been able to contact the owner who wanted to surrender her recently.I'm assuming she's still with her owner,if she'd turned up in a pound or something ghastly like that I'd have heard about it.Affies are so rare here news about them gets around very quickly!It's lucky I don't have time for an affies coat or she'd be a dog I'd really want to hang onto!I love the breed too much to have one if you know what I mean!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Found you a girl in England if you're still interested? Too long a story to post but if you email me I'll give you the full story and contact details for the owner.
tonto@dr.com
Blimey things move fast when it comes to Afghans.She's gone already and she only came up for adoption at 8.30am!
HiHoSilver
Dogsey Senior
Male 

08-04-2011, 09:58 AM
Found a black lady named Freyha at Evesham Animal Rescue.She's listed as a cross breed but even after the scissor job that's been done on her coat the head is pure affie!She's only a baby too,they have her at 9-12 months.Be quick if you want her!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Not sure if you have all these contacts, they are all on the web if it helps.

Afghan Hound Association Rescue Bristol
Afghan Hound Club of Scotland Rescue Scotland
Afghan Hound Club of Wales Rescue Wales
Birmingham Afghan Hound Club Rescue West Midlands
East of England Afghan Hound Club Rescue East of England
Midland Afghan Hound Club Rescue Midlands
North Eastern Afghan Hound Club Rescue Tyne and Wear
Northern Afghan Hound Society Cheshire
Southern Afghan Hound Club Rescue Kent
Western Afghan Hound Club Rescue Wiltshire
Yorkshire Afghan Hound Society Rescue North Yorkshire
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Originally Posted by HiHoSilver View Post
Found a black lady named Freyha at Evesham Animal Rescue.She's listed as a cross breed but even after the scissor job that's been done on her coat the head is pure affie!She's only a baby too,they have her at 9-12 months.Be quick if you want her!
Hope she finds a lovely, forever home xxxxxx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >