Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 01:02 PM

Just had a call

.....from my vets asking if I know anyone who can take on a 3 month old border collie pup as they know I am involved in rescue. They had bought her from a dealer, know nothing about it or the breed and get it home to discover it is a very timid dog and terrified of her young children, cats, horses even the washing machine. Why don't people think of things like this before they rush out and get a dog. Anyhow hopefully I will be picking up the sweetheart tonight and it will be staying with me until Wiccaweys can get down to pick it up. (I don't know much about the pup, hence me saying "it" not him/her).

Rant over
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 01:35 PM
It's so maddening isn't it. But I'll admit I knew nothing about dogs when I got my first one and we had to just learn as we went along. Nothing would have made me give him up and he had some problems beleive me !
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 01:49 PM
that sounds really odd. i mean, surely people would give the pup a little longer to settle in?
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 02:01 PM
You would think....I agree. But if they aren't prepared to give it more of a go then someone should get the pup out as soon as possible to save it anymore distress. Looks like we will be increasing our numbers to 5 dogs for a while, if I can ever get hold of the owner.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2005, 02:02 PM
poor pup - hopefully he/she will be able to get over his/her problems and find a good home.

Must admit I never knew anything about Border Collies before I took Bouncer my rescue dog ( who has sadly passed on now ) - it has been a real learning curve - but I would never give any of my animals up they are a part of my family here to stay no matter how naughty they can sometimes be
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Sadly many people under estimate the life changes that come with owning a puppy, if they got an older rescue dog they may have got the dog of their dreams but puppies are hard work.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2005, 02:04 PM
are you going to post some pictures of the pup?
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 02:05 PM
hopefully this wee pup will find its forever home soon good luck
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 03:07 PM
Hi all, I will post pics if and when I get her, I am waiting for the owner to call me back at the moment and let me know whether I am to go round tonight and collect, I think they have also had an offer from another rescue RAIN who can collect tomorrow so we will see.
The main problem they had was with the children they are worried that as the dog is so nervous it may bite in the wrong situation, but then again it sounds like the children are very young and not given any grounrules around the dog. Plus they are just about to have another baby so I can't imagine why they would have got a puppy when there was going to be a newborn baby about, one at a time would be hard enough but not together.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

24-05-2005, 03:24 PM
personally I would re-home the kids and keep the puppy
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >