Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-05-2009, 08:29 AM

Alfie (x breed) needs a home

My friend is rehoming her dog Alfie. He is around eighteen months old and looks possibly like a collie x lurcher. He is broken coated grey and tan and about bc sized. Alfie currently lives with another dog who he gets on really well with, but sadly his companion has just been diagnosed with kidney failure. Alfie copes best living with another dog and the owner feels that as her working hours have increased and his companion is terminally ill it would be best to find Alfie a new home.

Alfie has bilateral hip displasia, and is waiting for a hip replacement op when he is 2. (Alfie is insured and has been since before his diagnosis, so the policy may be able to be transfered to the new owners) His hips don't bother him so long as he stays on the lead. His owners are reluctant to put him into kennels, as they feel he may be pts because of his condition. Alfie is such a sweet natured boy and loves cuddles and kisses. He lives with small childen and is very friendly. He has never lived with cats, so don't know how he would get along with them.

I will post a pic as soon as I have one.