Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-04-2009, 03:47 PM

Looking for 2nd dog. Nottingham area.

Hi, I'm in no rush for a 2nd dog but could you Dogsey peeps keep your ears open for me please?

In a nutshell my situation is:
1 female Chi x very laid back - is happy with bigger dogs.
2 cats.
3 chickens.
1 very sensible daughter.
Small(ish) secure garden
Live next to an enormous dog walking park.
Not really worried what dog I get although I would prefer not to have to take it to the groomers but don't mind doing the odd bowl cut! Would like a dog who likes a good old walk & pref one who is ok in the car.

Am happy to take on a rescue or pay upto £300. In an ideal world I would love a Min Pin - but any dog is ok with me as long as we can all rub along together.

I am rarely out but I do the odd bit of teaching 2 minutes walk from my house & am only out for 3 hour stints (but back home for my 15 min break lol) This only happens about a maximum 2x per week.

Thank you.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi,

Good luck in finding your new dog.

There are many dogs in rescue and most of them are there through no fault of their own. 2 out of the 3 of mine are rescues and my 4th will be too.

I think I should also add that you say you'll pay up to £300. Most rescues ask for a donation of approx £125 but it depends largely on the rescue itself and the dog to be rehomed. These donations cover the cost of neutering/spaying, vaccinations etc.

There are also breed specific rescues so it may be worth speaking with people here who have min pins, or any other type of dog you'd prefer because they'd be able to help you better than I can. (Mine are GSDs and Akitas!)

I think you've done the right thing in taking your time looking for your next dog. A lot of people rush into it thinking it'll be easy then it goes pear shaped, so well done for being sensible.

Laura xx