View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 07:25 PM
I had a great hairdresser where we lived before, but have yet to find one here. This one isn't too bad and the best I've found so far, but I have a feeling she'll be shutting up shop this year then it's back to the hunt .
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 08:32 PM
Awww Chris, you were just getting her broken in as well Lol
done a bit more stripping of paper, i can't believe how tired i get and so easily too, very annoying
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2018, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
it's all to do with his blood pressure again, it was i think he said 166/80 or something so he has to go back to his own gp.
Griff, I don't know how old Steve is but the older you are the more important it is to get treatment.

When I was in my 20's they did a BP test prior to my working abroad, it was high, but they eventually decided it was what they call 'residual hypertension' nothing to worry about at that age.

25 years latter I was in for some other check and they did a BP and the nurse went ballistic, sent me to the hospital immediately.

Result is I now take two types of medication and it's around 130/70 (which is pretty much normal.)

There are many types of medication so he must see his doctor and he may end up taking something every day but that is preferable to having eye problems and other stuff which is not good.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-03-2018, 10:02 PM
Lynn, I know what you mean about Dillon and strangers and it is a tad worrying but where you are, (and us) the likelyhood of theft is relatively low. I think if we lived in a big town or city it would be more of a worry.

I just know that if someone walked into our garden and put a collar and lead on to Casey he would follow them out the gate. He is just so fanatical about walks

Lara is much better at alerting us to unusual events. Last night (About 9pm) there were two men talking in loud voices outside the house opposite, she was barking 'cos it's very unusual for anyone to be around at that time. They then started knocking on the door which really annoyed Lara and she let the whole neighbourhood know there were two numpties banging on the door
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 10:03 PM
Yep Harvey, he has tablets....he is just 48, having had 2 TIA's i have told him a stroke isn't much fun...i got very lucky and the only thing wrong with me from that is 1 eyebrow his higher than the other and when i smile one eye isn't right...most people wouldn't even notice. I think today may have given him a little bit of a scare...which is what he needs i think. I am blessed with low blood pressure Lol
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Hahaha, Lara sounds like my 2, a car shuts 2 streets away and we all know about it Lol...they aren't quite that bad really and i am pleased they do bark...just wish they would zip it when i tell them to
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-03-2018, 11:39 PM
Hahaha, Lara sounds like my 2, a car shuts 2 streets away and we all know about it Lol...they aren't quite that bad really and i am pleased they do bark...just wish they would zip it when i tell them to
But you get to know the bark and other body language. A sharp yip for food, a menacing growl if somebody rattles the back gate........early warning system............
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Griff can Steve not help with the decorating I am sure you would be round there to help him...............would you not.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2018, 08:34 AM
No Kazz, he has work... doesn't get a day off until Tuesday... hopefully it will all be done by then...or at least the worst
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-03-2018, 01:41 PM
i am pleased they do bark...just wish they would zip it when i tell them to

I can't find it now but there are supposed to be ten types of barks. I'm dubiouts about nine of them but the three rapid barks in a row (repeated every half minute) is a sure sign of something alive being in the vicinity Of course it maybe a cat or another dog but these days it could well be a two legged burglar up to no good
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2