Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 08:52 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday 20th March 2018

Morning all!!
Well that was an awful nights sleep on the sofa, was going to sleep in my parents room but as mum had a rough time packing there is just stuff...everywhere so the sofa it was! think i will have about a week of this,my back is going to be wrecked! will need to come up with a plan for tonight.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 09:41 AM
Good morning Griff and all who follow

Poor you the sofa is not the best place. Are you able to drag your mattress somewhere and sleep there?

Hope Mrs Harvey is recovering and doing as she is told

Dull with showers here at the moment. Have sown some sprout seeds but will need to get more as I think the machine missed the packet I had hardly any in it

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 11:05 AM
Sue there is probably a phone number on the packet. You could ring them and complain and they might send you some more. Morning all. Just!! Sun is out and hopefully getting warmer and dryer so that I can cut the grass soon. Griff I would just chuck everything that is on the bed on the floor and sleep in the bed. You can always put the stuff back on the bed when you have finished. Can't have a bad back when you are decorating. bfn.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 11:34 AM
Lol...i won't be able to move the mattress as it is going to have the dogs mattress on it and their crates..i think i will put a pillow under the bit that was hurting. Just stopped for coffee, back to it again soon
Sue, i agree, i would say something to the seed company, most likely not the only person it's happened to
Brenda, did you get tesco sorted??
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Afternoon griff, Sue, brenda and all who follow.

Dry today after a wet start. Still on the chilly side and breezy to.
Ankle much improved today plenty of rest over the last couple of days and lots of arnica and fiddlers elbow balm has helped also. Not painful today less limping and been on it nearly all day so far. (Don't tell Gorden).
Ankle still swollen though although not as much as it has been. Also not the dull ache I have been getting either today. Hopefully on the mend now.

Beth popped in for a cuppa and brought chocolate eclairs.

griff do be careful with the back.
Sue what a cheek regards the sprout seeds.
Also hoping you got tesco sorted brenda.
Harvey hope Mrs Harvey is much improved and how is the rat situation ?

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 01:59 PM
Good afternoon all. Lovely day, sunshine and not a lot of wind. Touch on the chilly side but nothing like the past few weeks so all is well for our same old, same old.

I've really enjoyed this morning. It was lovely to sit in the sun outside McD's for our coffee instead of huddled in a corner
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 02:16 PM
Cchris, do you go to the Mcdonalds on fantasy island? i lived just opposite fantasy island down coronation row..my ex used to work on the sportswear stalls on the market...happy memories for me, in fact i have just this morning chucked out the christmas presents he got for me...i am being that brutal Lol
Lynn, so pleased the ankle is better today, oooo i shall have to look that Balm up, steve has done something to his elbow...well about 10 weeks ago now, it's still not better, he went to pick up 24 tins of dog food in one hand and he said he felt something happen in his elbow and now it is sore if he tries to straighten it or pick stuff up..and driving the bus doesn't help, i have told him to go to the Dr but being male he of course knows best and it will miraculously cure itself!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-03-2018, 02:54 PM
Glad you enjoyed your sit outside for coffee today Chris.
Here you go griff www.fiddlerselbowgrease.co.uk

Just had a beautiful bouquet of flower from Maca and family.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 03:24 PM
thanks Lynn, that's a nice thought xx
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2018, 04:16 PM
No, Kelly, we never go to Fantasy Island these days. To be honest, I think they've ruined it with rides over market stalls. I believe McD's closed there at the end of last season for good. As said, the new owners of Fantasy Island are only interested in rides from what I can see. Also, of course, it gets manic there and parking costs a fortune in season so we give it a miss.

We go to Mcd's in town. We walk the lake, go up Lumley Road for breakfast, across the park then to McDs for coffee. In warmer weather we also add in walking to the bowling greens at North Shore. Then, of course, we reverse the route (cutting out Lumley Road) to get back to the car which we park on Princes Parade car park (South Shore where the Lakeside Cafe is). Sometimes we also include a walk on the prom if the wind isn't howling and it's not main season or weekend

It's a nice walk. We meet plenty of people and have rest stops along the route
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >