Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2018, 10:40 AM

Daily Thread Friday,16th March 2018

Good Morning all
Lynn, hope you are doing o.k today
Mum is rushing round doing her last bits and pieces, needs to do her ironing and start packing so i am staying out of the way.
Another bus driver has run into the back of Steve's bus this morning, he is fine thankfully, just damage to the bus and he has had to go and have a breath test...came up zero immediately, drugs test...which will be negative but has to be sent away for testing, and now has to call the accident line so he will do that on his next break and use the works phone, just relieved he is o.k...although he is seriously annoyed about it Lol
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Good afternoon Griff and all who follow

Hope you ate ok today Lynn,

I can just see your mum running around like a headless chicken Griff getting everything done before her holiday. Hope Save will be ok.

Lovely day here so have been out to visit an old Manor House originally a priory which is not far from us for Barry to try out his newish camera properly for the first time.

Hope all are keeping well

Have a good day and stay safe
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Afternoon griff and Sue and all to follow.

Hope mum gets sorted soon griff.

I decided to go over on my already planned visit to Essex to see my friend for breakfast. The plan was I was then going over to see Gill.
I was debating with myself up until almost 9 this morning whether to go or not. Sun was shining so good for a long drive and so glad I went.
Bit annoyed though almost home had got to Welney just before going over the bridge over the river and a big lorry had stopped and a little moped behind it. I sat for a while nothing happened so thought it might of broken down or got lost. Decided to go round it. Then I saw the other two cars in front stopped and some temporary traffic lights on red. An open back truck work truck with signs in the back then came on my side of the road even though no roadworks and gestured at me.
To be fair there were no warning signs warning of roadworks or temporary lights. Carried on it was all I could in the situation still no sign of roadworks till I get a bit further into the village then there were signs and two way temporary lights set up there to.
Then got in and Gorden said Emma from next door knocked to ask about a signed delivery I took in a couple of weeks ago. I waited and waited for someone to knock for the letter postie did put a note through for them but no one came so I popped them through their door. Today she knocks asking where they are tickets for something or other. Ronnie's brother lives there now as Emma and Ronnie have moved so hopefully he has put them somewhere.
All this is very unsettling in a very unsettling time.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends to.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Good afternoon all.

Boomin freezing today and windy.

Why is it that good turns always seem to have an habit of backfiring. So annoying. I hope it all turns out well in the end, Lynn.

We have so many roadworks here at the moment that it's difficult to know which roads are open and which are closed
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2018, 04:24 PM
I hope they get them so many people in and out of that house at the moment.
I shan't be signing for anything else for them.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2018, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
All this is very unsettling in a very unsettling time.
Lynn, unhappy times for you. So very sorry to read about Gill. You must be devastated even if all of you could see it comming.

Only just read yesterdays thread, had to call ambulance for OH yesterday morning, she collapsed while having her breakfast. She's back home now, docs diagnosed this horrible virus that is going around.

I had it a week ago and gave it to her I had fever, headaches. coughing and such, was feeling really rough but it hit her much harder.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I waited and waited for someone to knock for the letter postie did put a note through for them but no one came so I popped them through their door. Today she knocks asking where they are tickets for something or other.
As others have said, you try to do the right thing and it backfires.

To be honest I do think that the so called 'millenial' generation are just so used to no one caring they take it as normal that nobody would go the extra mile.

The Tynside Police shot a dog (starving & tied to tree) simply because the local dog warden was on holiday and the local vets said they didn't have a tranguiliser dart to use on the animal. Did no one think about offering a bowl of food and some water Just needs people to go beyond their job description but it doesn't happen now and it definately doesn't seem to happen with anyone under 30
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2018, 10:16 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Lynn, unhappy times for you. So very sorry to read about Gill. You must be devastated even if all of you could see it comming.

Only just read yesterdays thread, had to call ambulance for OH yesterday morning, she collapsed while having her breakfast. She's back home now, docs diagnosed this horrible virus that is going around.

I had it a week ago and gave it to her I had fever, headaches. coughing and such, was feeling really rough but it hit her much harder.
Bl**dy hell. How frightening for all concerned, this virus is trouble alright Mom had it really hit hard. Hope all carries on okay.