View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I did see on the news the other morning that all mini motos that are being driven in public places are to be banned and crushed.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Staffy
I did see on the news the other morning that all mini motos that are being driven in public places are to be banned and crushed.
Sorry to be a stick in the mud but in my opinion it's the best thing they can do with them.I think they are a menace
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 04:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5234468.stm

I read this article the other day, apparently they (the powers that be) are looking into penalty points for children, to be held on file till they are old enough to hold a license at which time the points will come into force.

Not sure how I feel about that one, a lot of the youths who get caught out will probably never hold a license anyway, they will be the ones who drive about uninsured and unlicensed and in unsafe vehicles.

I don't feel that these mini motorcycles are safe for children at all as they are too fast, adults riding them just look like complete numptys.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Agree completely, they are a menace and an accident waiting to happen. Let's hope this comes into effect before someone is killed either on one or by one.
novavizz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond
Agree completely, they are a menace and an accident waiting to happen. Let's hope this comes into effect before someone is killed either on one or by one.
A friend of a friend lost her 22 year old son on one of these bikes just a couple of months ago. A decent lad who had just got himself a job (he didn't know, the letter came the day after he died), he drove over a grid in the road which made him lose control and he hit a gate post which punctured his heart. A sad and tragic waste of a young life.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3