Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 07:58 AM

Daily Thread, Wednesday, 16th November

God morning everyone,

Lynn, hope Gorden was able to sort the electric last night, if not you know what part you need and get it done today with the help of Mark.

Well done June, on getting a start on the spare bedroom. Hope Zen behaved herself last night.

Jenny, really lovely orchid. I have nowhere where I could keep them now all my geraniums are still outside covered in fleece.

Wrote to the Landlady about the wall and she said they have reached stalemate with the Housing Association so she has had to put it into the hands of her solicitor. I told her the Bulgarian had been back to change the kitchen tap and whilst the water was flowing better it was a bathroom tap and as a consequence we could not move it to stop it from splashing onto the new work top, which doesn't bode well for it future life. So she will look into that.

Griff, hope you are ok, is it chemo day today?

Mandy, norma, Brenda, Harvey, LG, Jazz and Nikki, hope you are all well.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-11-2016, 08:09 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
She's some character that landlady of yours Moyra. From what I've read about her she's not the sort to be trusted to sit the right way on a toilet - let alone be in charge of something as important as people's homes. Her penny pinching ways and general attitude are very short sighted to say the least!!!
Damp start here after rain overnight, dogs have had a short walk and will get a better one later but have to get myself sorted out early on today as have visitors coming (business not pleasure). Irksome but much better than having to go and see them and far more convenient.
So take care all, keep warm and well, Ill see you all later, bye fer now.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 08:36 AM
You're not wrong about her LG, but I guess if I cannot find anywhere better to live at the price then I have to put up with this behaviour from the landlady. Hope your business meeting goes well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 08:41 AM
Morning Moyra, Gordon and all who follow.

Electrics have to be looked at by an electrician Moyra hopefully Friday. Gorden not sure of he can get Friday off now like hoped due to coming home last night and not leaving him time to organise someone else to take his lecture.
I did say I would like him around and maybe if we can we will change the day not sure I can cope with much more.
Mark got in and fixed the tap not long before Gorden arrived home. Both were baffled how it had come off. I said it must of loosened with use.
Dillon still very stiff trying more rest and a previcox again today if no better by the weekend he will be off to the vet. Had the torch and my glasses on to take a good luck at his paw to make sure nothing in there. There isn't it seems to be related to the distal rotation and his damaged toes. Must of been the playing at the weekend with other dogs.

Sorry to hear about the landlady's attitude Moyra. Hope the business meeting goes well Gordon.

Hope everyone is well and all our four legged friends are too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 09:07 AM
Morning all and those to follow. Lynn we women are made of stalwart stuff. Deep breath and have a glass or two of wine. bg!! Nope seriously hope everything goes according to plan for you. bfn peeps. Not much else to say really. Same old same old here. Nothing changes and if things don't alter they will stop as they are as the saying goes.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-11-2016, 09:48 AM
Car now at garage for its welding work and I'll feel better when I know it is done. As LG said, rain overnight but dry so far. However it is trying to rain and gone very dark, still warm but gradually going colder. Heavy rain struck this minute and lashing down now
Moyra that woman is not a fit person to be in charge of your life
Was in pain during the night, got up to go to the bathroom and noticed NumbNutz bathroom light on still, it was on when I went to bed, this morning is still on. He's home 24/7 so must be supported by ourselves via taxes, yet can leave all the lights on all the time in some cases. Silly Me working all my life eh
Lynn, hang on in there. Can Mark be there if Gorden can't due to his work commitments
Hoping resting Dillon helps his poor foot
Have your shareholders come to deliver you yearly dividend in cash, LG and is there space under the floorboards
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Good morning all, bright and sunny this morning.
Moyra, what is your Landlady like? If only you could move
Lynn I hope Gorden can be around for the electrician. What an awful time you are having. Hope Dillons foot is better today.
Hello LG and Brenda
TW glad the car is being made safe, it puts your mind at rest doesn't it.
Brian has to go for a scan today. I've told him if he is pregnant it's not mine It's actually to check his hernia repair as he is getting pain in the area. The biggest problem is, it is at the hospital the furthest distance from us and we will be coming home bang on rush hour hey ho.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2016, 11:27 AM
Good morning everyone

You landlady is a waste of space. The tap should be replaced immediately or tell he you are not responsible for the rot that will occur because of it. Hugs to you

Oh dear Lynn I do feel for you. As June said hope Mark can be there with you on Friday and that all then gets resolved. Deep breath and try and keep your chin up and we all hope by this time next year you have found the home you rally want to live in. Hope Dillon improves with his foot/leg.

Good luck with Brian's scan Nippy and hope all is well for him.

Good morning Brenda. We all just have to keep the treadmill turning

Hope meeting goes well for you Gordon.

Fingers crossed the welding isnt too expensive and you have the car back as promised today June.

Lovely day here now after more rain overnight and damp this morning. More leaves collected and all bags taken to tip. No cooking toad in the hole for lunch

Have a good day and stay safe.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2016, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
noticed NumbNutz bathroom light on still, it was on when I went to bed, this morning is still on. He's home 24/7 so must be supported by ourselves via taxes, yet can leave all the lights on all the time in some cases..............................
.............................. and is there space under the floorboards
Like you say June, get's a weekly subsidy from the tax payer so why bother trying to economise, that's only for people like you and me

There's lots of space under LG's floorboards, it's a big house, if needs be he can always bury it on the moors
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

16-11-2016, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Brian has to go for a scan today. .........................will be coming home bang on rush hour hey ho.
Hope it's all good news for Brian. I try to avoid early morning and late afternoon driving as well. The number of nutters just keeps increasing in line with the population explosion.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >