register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2016, 04:12 PM
Its the auditions though and they are always stupid,its Boot Camp next, then it starts getting a little better. Simon Cowell has just signed a contract for 5 (I think) more years
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2016, 05:52 PM
Oh goodness knows how to make money then. I am watching a film called Yuma with Clint Walker. Remembered him from long ago. I like westerns. So looked him up and he is 89 now. Hope Griff is OK?
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2016, 07:11 PM
I am watching Formula 1 but lost it off my tele for a while, Steve came and fixed it for me. In the meantime it gave me time to have a chat with a friend in Brumyland. Actually do not know if you call it that as I think she lives in West Bromwich. Lovely lass. Known her on this media for over 12 years but never actually met her although another joint friend who have met managed to meet her years ago. Nice to catch up with her one the land line though.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2016, 08:44 PM
Hello all,
My lovely step-dad Ray passed away this morning, don't know full details but wish mum was here not over in Fueteventura. At the moment I cannot get my head round it, although I know he's not been in the best of health for a while.
Ray was just like a dad to me, gave me away when me & Tony married 22years ago yesterday.
Liam has just gone back home, been lovely having him home
I will have a read through to see if you've all had a good day,
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2016, 09:04 PM
Oh Mandy, your poor poor mother, she must be totally lost. So very sorry and please pass my best wishes onto her and hope that she gets through this dreadful time somehow
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Mandy - what terrible news - do so hope that your Mum and all your family manage to get through this awful time. Such a shame that so many miles are between you and your Mum. Hugs to both of you!
Thanks everyone for the good wishes as regards my judging career! lol !
Luckily things passed without even the slightest hitch - would love to entertain you with tales of hilarious misdemeanours - there just weren't any. Was given a show secretary to write out all the cards, prizes etc so this speeded things up. Managed to finish the judging of dozens of classes with 15 mins to spare before opening to the public. Only thing that threw me slightly was that when I got there I was told it wasn't only Fruit and Vegetables but Flowers as well, stroke of luck in that my secretary for the day is a trained florist, her expertise as regards artistic interpretation in some of the classes was invaluable. Proof of the pudding etc:- have been invited to repeat the process next year, readily agreed as I thoroughly enjoyed it. My apologies that there were no "it'll be alright on the night" moments. I'll try harder next time! lol !
Sorry to hear of your predicament Moyra, that landlady of yours is a poor example of a human being - hope the Bulgarian gets his finger out and finishes it off for you.
June - makes me wonder which bit of your home is next - now that Zen has finished the kennel?
Back later, bye fer now.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Lona has started on my house, must be a family thing eh
Glad to hear all went well, and it was a gorgeous day for it as well wasn't,my car temp thingy said 21 degrees.
So.. sipping from the Poison Chalice two years on the run eh, someone must really er.....like..... you
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

19-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Originally Posted by Mandyuk1 View Post
My lovely step-dad Ray passed away this morning.................................
Ray was just like a dad to me, gave me away when me & Tony married 22years ago
Very sorry to read this, you were obviously close, hope your Mum will be OK. Will be difficult for her out there.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3