Our sister sites
Our sister sites
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:32 AM

It's feeling alot like...

Christmas...

Am I the only one who has noticed it is feeling really wintery and christmasy?

It feels like that 'snuggle up' type weather with the temperature dropping - actually wore a jersey for the first time in months - and when walking the streets it had the festive kind of smell, if this makes any sense.

I kind of liked it!!

Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:36 AM
its only 126 days away I ordered the xmas cards for the boxer welfare this week thats when it really hit home ,cant believe you have just started wearing jumpers ,lucky you up here we wear them all year round lol
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:43 AM
ScB - now that would really hit you quickly, mind you only a week and a few days to September, I guess this is when super organised people such as yourself begin the prep for it all!

August hasn't been very hot this year but only the last few days has warranted jerseys unless of course you live in Scotland - that must be tough to be in jerseys almost all year round!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Yep i have been feelinbg like this, where i walk the dogs all the fields seem to be glazed over with frost, the trees seem to dance in the wind, and the water no longer looks refreshing and cool, it looks austere.
The dogs are less inclined to go ruttling through the undergrowth. The cat doesnt want to go out, the rabbits and guinea-pigs dont even want to leave their bedroom quarters!!!!!!!!!!
I have brought my first christmas present, but now am worrying about wot to get other people!!!!!!!!!!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:54 AM
Luke, I like the sound of that - really nice way of putting it! Excet for stressing about gifts thankfully you've got loads of time to sort it

Wow you are super organised too!
Aileen
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Right that's enough talk about Christmas.

I do love it but I have just started my summer holidays and I don't want to think about it just yet

Aileen x
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2005, 09:48 AM
Christmas

We are having a mini heatwave in Glasgow at the moment plenty of sun and blue skies. Its too hot for the dogs to go walks
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 10:15 AM
You're lucky Carole ScB needs to go over your way for a bit of sun!

Cold down our way.
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2005, 10:39 AM
maplecottage you started this in june i think i start on the 23
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Funnilly enough I thought about having my chimney swept this morning and ordering my coal, so that must have been because there was a bit of a nip in the air! I'm a winter girl at heart, and I love being all cosy indoors with the coal fire (and central heating) on, I'd rather be cold and get cosy and warm than be hot and bothered and don't know what to do with myself.

Dave hates the winter when I have all the heating up full pelt and the coal fire burning, and one night when I was working evenings part time, I came home to find him sitting in his chair stark b**ock naked eating his dinner!! All he said was, "bit hot in here dear!" Lol!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >