Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-02-2011, 11:36 PM

Tough dog bed

I have just watched a program called "my dog ate what?", and one was a dog that ate a MASSIVE amount of stuffing from toy animals. Alfie spits stuffing out like 99% of the time, but it has totally freaked me out as I know he does sometimes eat little bits, and he chews holes in any dog bed in his crate.
So... I am needing a smallish tough dog bed that he can't get through and eat the stuffing out of (if he decides to do so).
I don't want to spend a fortune, but if it will last a decent time I don't mind spending a bit more than my normal £6 beds
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
I have just watched a program called "my dog ate what?", and one was a dog that ate a MASSIVE amount of stuffing from toy animals. Alfie spits stuffing out like 99% of the time, but it has totally freaked me out as I know he does sometimes eat little bits, and he chews holes in any dog bed in his crate.
So... I am needing a smallish tough dog bed that he can't get through and eat the stuffing out of (if he decides to do so).
I don't want to spend a fortune, but if it will last a decent time I don't mind spending a bit more than my normal £6 beds
I just got a very tough dog bed from a horse feed place (it was XXLarge but do all sizes). If you google Outhwaites dog beds you should get more info.
BullseyesTail
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-02-2011, 12:45 AM
I can;t vouch for these personally, but saw them in a dog magazine:

http://www.tuffies.co.uk/
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 10:57 AM
I can vouch for Tuffies personally, they are very good, but NOT indestructible (apart from the one that is in the round) at the end of the day it depens on your dog. I had a bed made out of KEVLAR material, the dog put a hole in it the first day.
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Another tuffies vote here!
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:55 AM
We've got tuffies....... they're great! Our dogs who'd normally de-stuff beds (well some more than others) have never bothered even trying to chew them and they keep their shape and don't go lumpy. We're even thinking of getting one made to fit one of our sofa where one of the dogs has distoyed the cushions (big cushion that you sit on that are removeable - not the little fancy ones you can get if you know what I mean).
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 11:57 AM
Whats also nice about tuffies is some of them are waterproof- very helpful if you dogs like to get wet and muddy out on walk! Just needed a wipe down every so often when they started to smell or needed a clean.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks guys!
My dog is only small, but he does like making holes in things and de-stuffing them. After seeing that program last night it has made me a bit paranoid! I know that is like "extreme case" scenario, but my dog is the sort that if you give him a cardboard tube to play with, he eats the cardboard.... , he isn't greedy with food and doesn't scrounge or pick up things he shouldn't when out etc, but he does sometimes eat little bits of cardboard/stuffing. He does get muddy as he is short when he goes through a puddle he gets caked in mud!
There are some "harder wearing" cord type beds, but I dont wanna spend £30 on a bed for him to just chew it still....