View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:17 PM

Ahem.... apologies for the prudest among us.

Ok, I'll talk straight.

Ruby is humping. There, I've said it! She has started to display her sexual needs and seems to really really fancy denim! If you lot could have seen Martyn's face when she initially decided that 'it didn't feel too bad', when dad's jeans became available.

Anyway, by the by. We've been told today that it may be a dominance thing. Have any of you oracles got views on this? I think it's hilarious, Martyn, for some reason, doesn't!

Selfish sod!!
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:24 PM
It's one of those things male and female puppies do, it's not a dominance thing. Just say "no" and distract her with something else to stop her doing it. It might be funny now but probably won't be in several months time when she's fully grown and she's humping Great Aunt Maud's leg.
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 08:54 PM
my f/m dogo will hump the other 2,its dom at its best,does get embarrising ,while im in town,.... infront of the resturant!never seen young pups do this ,mine are 1 and 2 years old.all altered......LOL..oh two f/m and 1 male
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Maxine, Have you met my Aunt Maud? She may like it. Only messing....................................her name's Margaret!

She's only 7 months old for goodness sake! Ruby that is not Auntie!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Poppy humps some of her toys, the thing that I can't understand is what she actually gets out of it, because the chosen toy doesn't actually make contact with her "bits".
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:00 PM
We've had this with Woody from day one, but he only does it to his bedding and to other dogs (most, but not all).

I'm meeting with our AB at work next week to discuss it so I'll let you know what he says, although yours seems less ''behavioural'' than mine!
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:06 PM
Now, thanks to Harry 25 for explaining the contact to 'bits' stuff.

That's what I didn't get and decided to wait until someone else reserved the right to be forward enough. (Thanks Harry 25 you bold beggar you).

Please explain the experienced amongst you.

Harry 25 where I'm confused. The 'bits' as you tactfully term it, do indeed not have contact.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 09:11 PM
i dont believe its a dominance thing really, Bruno does it he is neutured and weighs 4 stone, has his dew claws and its quite sore. He does it when he gets excitable though without a doubt...
sorry that wasnt helpful, i think distraction is the best thing, i usually just stand up ( if sitting) and turn my back on him..... sometimes works sometimes doesnt....
3dognight
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-03-2009, 09:21 PM
a dom dog will not let this happen to them they will not bow to this ..i feel and experts will agree that its dom .if not im curiouse why and there is a different reason why a male who is altered will do this ...instinct
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Donny dog View Post
Maxine, Have you met my Aunt Maud? She may like it. Only messing....................................her name's Margaret!

She's only 7 months old for goodness sake! Ruby that is not Auntie!

My male pup was humping legs at 11 weeks which can't be sexual..........can it? We distracted him and he stopped doing it. Now aged 11 months he doesn't hump anything.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >