View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:15 PM

Allergic reaction? (Lumps and bumps and a swollen vulva)

Hi guys,

Well we've just got back from the Isle of Wight (and I mean just) but all the way home Takara's been getting lumpier and lumpier

It seems to be settling down a little bit I think but it did seem to get better earlier before it got worse again.

Basically, I noticed a little lump on her back end while we were on the ferry, a couple of hours later, when we stopped at services there were noticable bumps all down her sides which progressively got redder and redder, I also noticed that her vulva was huge, bigger than when she was in season and it's bright red, she kept dragging it along the ground.

Later, her eye began to swell (although that seems to be a little better now) and her nose looks more like a newfie's nose than a dally's!

Most of the lumps don't seem to be bothering her (and they are all over her, not just a few) but her vulva is, she won't go for a wee, and when we go for a short walk (like from the car to the house, she keeps sitting down and jumping about.

If she's no better we plan to take her to the vet in the morning but is there anything I should be watching out for (right now I'm just making sure the insides of her nose don't swell but she's breathing fine at the moment) and is there anything that'll make it feel better for her?

Thanks xx
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:19 PM
aww im so sorry to hear that takara is not to good i cant offer any advice apart from i would see your vet tomorrow if you are really worried and for takaras sake perhaps he can sort her out sending your babe loads of hugs
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:26 PM
Thanks Jen

Thing is, she's still her normal self wanting to play etc but she won't walk far without sitting down and licking herself or dragging her bum.

She's not been unwell, sick or anything and her ears aren't hot. She's got me baffled!

Dogs! Who'd have 'em?!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:29 PM
aww bless her i honestly cant give you an answer to why she is doing this if shes well in herself and not misserable shes got me baffled has she sat on something to cause this reaction or eaten anything
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Hi Lottie , from your description it sounds like Takara has a severe allergic reaction to something , if she has had it for some hours and it is not continuing to get worse the worst should be over. She really does need to see a vet for an antihistamine injection .
The thing to look out for is swelling of the throat/tongue which is a real emergency.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Thanks Mini,

She's at the Animal Hospital with my parents at the moment. I wish I could've taken her but I'm in my pjs and we wanted to get her there quick.

Her nose has swollen some more and she has started shaking and when I went back downstairs she was hiding under the table. She came out for me and she's sleepy but she's definitely worse.

I'm so angry with myself for not hurrying us up. We stopped by a relative's on the way home and spent a long time there but I didn't want to be rude by hurrying them up. I wish I had now
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-08-2006, 10:53 PM
...try not to worry Lotty , if Takara is at the AH she should be ok and will get an injection poor little girl . Glad you didn't leave it until morning to contact a vet ...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 10:58 PM
aww lottie takara is in the best hands they will sort her out for you ,youve done the right thing getting her to the AH
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
...try not to worry Lotty , if Takara is at the AH she should be ok and will get an injection poor little girl . Glad you didn't leave it until morning to contact a vet ...
I know! i'm so glad too! She was going to sleep in my room anyway so that I could keep an eye on her but knowing me I wouldn't have woken up anyway I'm terrible!

I can't wait for her to get back I wish I wasn't already in my pjs I'd have gone too...
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 11:01 PM
aww lottie try not to worry i know its hard not to but she will soon be back with you giving you all he love
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >