Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 05:24 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday)

Morning all! And what a GLORIOUS morning it is here in Larnaca. I set off at sunrise with Bella to the sound of the Reveille on the bugle from the Army camp and took the cam with me and we walked right along the seafront (navigating the dreaded roadworks) so I could take lots of pics to update my pals who don't get to see the 'progress'!

Am back home and not in the least bit sticky or hot. I DO hope it stays this way for a while.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend and look forward to hearing about your antics.

And that those of you who are poorly improve and esp. the poor poorly doglets among us.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 05:43 AM
Morning Tangutica morning all
Please send some of your Glorious weather over here
Monsoon here never seen anything like it
Glad you enjoyed your walk look forward to the piccies
Hope everyone who's suffering with various ailments is feeling a little better and recover soon ,including any doglets
Quick outing for the M,s if this rain keeps up ,they'd hardly go out the door ,quickest wee in history this morning
Same old same old nothing new but you never know
Hope everyone has a great day
Take care stay safe xxxx
Eileen hope your ok (unless I've missed your posts )
Take care all
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 05:46 AM
Wow! You're up early for a sat morning! Mouse and I had a wonderful day out yesterday (we only work half days on Fridays) we walked quite a bit, then went on the bus to the pet stores waaaay on the South end of town. We took a harness back to one store and watched the birds and chinchilla, then walked to the other store where we played with an American Bulldog puppy, a great dane puppy and a dachshund that was exactly the same size.. along with numerous kids. Then we hopped back on the bus to the pet store by my house, where she got more loving, playing and treats, and I picked up some chicken necks, and we met a tiny puppy! Then we got to walk home in the pouring rain that started again just before we left to go home. I was really surprised at how far Mouse walked without her foot getting too sore. Next time, I'll take Boo.

I hope everyone is feeling better, and that all that was wrong is now right! I think I'm going to crash now lol
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Wow! You're up early for a sat morning! Mouse and I had a wonderful day out yesterday (we only work half days on Fridays) we walked quite a bit, then went on the bus to the pet stores waaaay on the South end of town. We took a harness back to one store and watched the birds and chinchilla, then walked to the other store where we played with an American Bulldog puppy, a great dane puppy and a dachshund that was exactly the same size.. along with numerous kids. Then we hopped back on the bus to the pet store by my house, where she got more loving, playing and treats, and I picked up some chicken necks, and we met a tiny puppy! Then we got to walk home in the pouring rain that started again just before we left to go home. I was really surprised at how far Mouse walked without her foot getting too sore. Next time, I'll take Boo.

I hope everyone is feeling better, and that all that was wrong is now right! I think I'm going to crash now lol
Morning! That sounds like a GREAT day out to me! I used to take my daughter to the nearest huge pet store when she was young just so she could 'play with the parrots' she loved so much (there was no way I was getting one so we'd go there for a quick 'fix' - I'm a horrible mum I sort of hoped one would bite her so she'd stop keep asking for one lol!)
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 06:31 AM
Morning Pat and all,

It is also a beautiful morning here. Clear blue skies, sun shining and pleasantly warm. Every morning when I wake up I just gaze out of my window at the wonderful views and when I return from walking Lily I sit in my back garden with a coffee enjoying the views again. I still can't believe how lucky I am and keep expecting to wake up and find its all a dream.
This time last week I was still in my old house getting the final things together for the move, yet it seems like I have been here for years and that other house is a distant memory.

This morning I am off to my new job at the deli/cafe. I am covering for someone who needed the morning off.
Then this afternoon my sons and their families are coming over so we can walk across the fields behind my house to furze hills where randomly set around the woods and fields is a fitness course they all want to try out. We will walk home via the road and pick up fish and chips on the way. .

Norma I heard some areas got a lot of rain. we never got much here at all, just enough to dampen the ground a bit yesterday for a couple of hours, but nothing heavy. Hope you dry out soon.

Sara sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday with mouse.

Pat I bet it was lovely along the seafront this morning, you are so lucky to live so close to the sea.

Hope everyone else is ok today. Enjoy your saturday everyone.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 06:44 AM
Morning Madmare. Good luck with it today and let us know how it went won't you?

Today was an expedition to update pics of the dreaded roadworks (Malka's have got nothing on MY roadworks lol!) the poor oldies who all live in the old town - no one gives a monkey's how they will get in and out of their houses. I'll put some up - it started last Sept and it's going on for YEARS.

And they are all oldies too as you have to be a Greek Cypriot Refugee who was driven out of the North to be allowed to live in any of the Turkish Cypriot properties that comprise the old town. And it happened in 1974. You never see ANYONE in a wheelchair or mobility vehicle here - it just ain't possible to get about in them. It's all walking sticks, walking frames and 'maids' who hold onto them!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-09-2013, 07:11 AM
Morning Pat sounds like the weather is just right now where you are now.
Its raining again here with the odd bit of sunshine. If it stops raining we are hoping to move my fish and pond pump etc., down to Marks today who now has the bigger pond we bought before selling the house installed and ready to go.
Morning Norma and Bev and Sarah.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 07:19 AM
Morning

Ugh Pat, that lot sounds awful, and there's me moaning about the development over the road.

We're up early for a swimming lesson. I got so fed up with the useless local pool, the lack of organisation and rubbish lessons (and the direct debit thing) so I spat the dummy, fired off a complaint and organised new lessons at a health club. It's at 9.30 and we have a family swim booked later.

I also need to buy a pencil case and stuff to go in it for Carys for school - apparently they have to bring their own in juniors. It's all money for the new school year - school swimming lessons (compulsory on the national curriculum but we have to pay), new uniform, shoes, etc.

We need to get Michael to the library to complete his reading challenge - as he's only 3 we read the book to him and he talks about it to the people at the library. He's enjoyed it and he'll get a medal and certificate at a presentation with his sister.

Have a good day everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Morning all

Up early today, got lots to do before I go run...including digging out my thermals. It's blooming cold here this morning and experience tells me it will be worse out at Ft George. So taking warm stuff with me.

Tang, sounds like you had a pleasant walk with her royal highness this morning Hope your pleasant day continues.

Madmare, congratulations on your job, I did see that last night but forgot by the time I got to the end of all the posts

Lynn, have fun buying pond type stuff

Lucky Star, I just had to buy a new pencil case for Davie, his went walkabout last week at Badaguish, and in the rush getting him to the hospital it disappeared. So new pencil case and stationery to go inside it. So he is now fully kitted out again.

Ah well, guess I should get up and at least get the first load of washing on. That way I've got a head start.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-09-2013, 08:31 AM
Good morning fellow members a beautiful morning far better than I expected it to be.

My brother and sister in law are coming today on an unexpected visit from the Derbyshire moors. They come down here most years to buy fruit from the surrounding fruit farms . We are also going out to lunch .

Enjoy your day everyone .
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »