Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 07:49 AM

Printer Problems

Any suggestions as to why my printer has suddenly stopped printing from my word documents and emails but will happily print from internet?
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-11-2009, 11:10 AM
Try going into page set up from the program it won't print in. See if some setting somehow got changed.
mrphilip
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-11-2009, 06:53 PM
First thing to check is your printer itself.

Go to your printer settings in your control panel and there you will find on your printer icon a 'print test page' tab.

Do that and see what you get. It may or may not give you correct image.

Personally I would recommend that you reinstall your printer. I fear that somehow your printer drivers have been damaged and the easiest way to do that is to reinstall your printer.

Another approach is to go to your 'device manager' and check your printer there. You should be able to check if your drivers are up to date. If they are not - you can update them from the internet.

Hopefully these will get your printer back to normal
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2009, 07:14 PM
What about the "work offline" bit in the drop down? Could that have been unchecked perhaps? Just seems strange about it printing from t'internet but not from your programmes, so there's nothing wrong with the printer itself, something is either checked or unchecked that should be the reverse! I know what I mean anyway!!!