Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 07:52 PM

A very kind vet we have..

Well since having Polly PTS i havent been able to face going too the vets, despite she was released at home-we still took her to her final resting place at the vets. Now Ralph has to go today for another check on his teeth, and he's been twice before recentlly but i haven't been able ti bring myself to go, stupid i know, but i could just keep seeing Polly's body wrapped in her blankett on the vets table thing-silly of me! But today i decided i would go...and when i first went in it was strange..just felt out of place there..then when i went into the consulting room-same one-as i thought, i did keep seeing the sight of Polly in her final resting place-but still, have to get on with things. So got through the check up-Ralph is fine BTW, and the vet was chatting to me about how things have been since loosing the old girl etc..and after about a 20 minute chat (see our vets are good-no set time for people-nice friendly practise!) he said he had something for me..and he went into the back and came back out with something..something that made me turn white, it was Polly's collar and lead. I had asked for it to be disposed of as i didnt want it back, same as ashes-but apparentlly our vet said he thought i may have a change of heart (which in actual fact i did do about a week after) so decided to keep it *just incase*. I really had to thank him-he's such a nice man, allways treated all of our pets-past and present and was so supportive through years of late with Polly's ongoing illness'..and now this, don't know many vets who would do things like it-do you?!?!
So now..the queen of the house's lead and collar hangs on the coatstand where it did for so many years previous..and there it shall stay-its odd, and i know its just her lead and collar and not like ashes or anything-but it does feel like she is at last, at peace.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Thats nice of them. Did you discuss getting Florrie spayed now, because of Ralphs amorous advances to people, you will be in real trouble I fear!! Ramaping Ralph!!
Dawn.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:00 PM
What a nice vet you have Luke and I do hope the collar and lead will bring you comfort. As I said before you had such a great bond with Polly and I am sure she is there keeping here eye on you.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:09 PM
What a lovely thing for your vet to do Luke. Hope this eases Polly's loss for you a wee bit. Hugs honey xx
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:47 PM
He sounds like a wonderful vet!! Cares about the people as well as the animals! That is really thoughtful!
Glad you feel like Polly is now at peace.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 08:51 PM
You're gotta a good vet there Luke-very thoughtful.Do keep her collar though cause death isnt all bad cause everything has a circle of life and Polly's should be celebrated.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:53 PM
oh thats so sweet.

i can't see myvets doing anything like that - they can't even remove staples from my dog without leaving some in there!!

my mum still has her old labs collar and lead from when she was a puppy - she died about 10 years ago, but it still hangs where it used to when she was alive. sweet really.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2006, 08:54 PM
awwww, thats great Luke
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks folks-it really was very moving, that said the family have been going to the practise for surplus of twenty odd years now-so before i was even a twinkle in my old mans eye! They are a very nice practise...get to know their patients and familys well....and it did make me feel better..was odd though holding that lead again..the collar still had her ID tags on and some traces of white hairs...also still smelt of that odd stench she used to have bless her..
Yes Dawn we have spoke with the vet about getting Florrie speyed Despite his rambuctiousness towards some aging aunts-cant say hes that intersted in Florrie-however better safe than sorry.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 09:11 AM
They sound nice people there Luke, good to have.
Dawn,
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >