Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jgreen211
New Member!
Male 

09-09-2017, 03:43 PM

Pad Training

I rescued a standard poodle. When we got her home she was a little scared and she still kind of is 3 months later. She was using the puppy pads great at first now she is going any i n the house. We have always kept the pads in the same place and praised her when she used it don't know the problem.
Forgotten
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-09-2017, 06:05 PM
Why did you train her to go in the house in the first place ?
How old was she when she came to you. I know the warmer weather is almost over but could you leave the door to back garden open all the time you are home and put a pad outside and praise her when she uses it outside only.
We took on an unwanted 5 year old cocker spaniel, a game keepers dog who had only ever lived in a kennel with absolutely no house training. We took her into the garden very frequently, as often as possible. It may have seemed too often but she learnt fairly quickly what a good girl she was to do this outside.