Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2008, 04:58 PM

Lost my temper in the Subaru today

I was in a line of traffic approaching a roundabout, a car was in front of me driven by a lady, this guy was very close behind me making agitated faces (obviously an impatient git).

Anyways, the lady drives onto the roundabout but this sod overtakes me and her on the inside then cuts her up as she's going round it, I managed to get past her and caught up with the idiot when he had to stop at the next roundabout.

I pulled up alongside him and wound the window down to give him a bit of verbal, but he shouted, "go get yourself an old mans car".

That was it I shouted back, "go get yourself a better job, the new company car they gave you (Ford) belongs in the scrap yard, save up your pennies and get one like mine, but the way you drive you'll wrap it round a lamp post and kill yourself, then you'll do all of us a favour.

He shot away, smoke coming off his (company) tyres, I hope he gets indigestion eating his dinner tonight.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Moron It's a wonder you didn't see him stuck to a tree further on down the road isn't it! What is it with these idiots on the road at the moment, we've got it down here!!

Have to say I was a bit norty this morning coming back from the hospital on a country B road. For 6 miles we'd followed this idiot doing 35 mph on an unrestricted speed limit road. Now come on, personally, I think these are the people who CAUSE the accidents because people behind get so frustrated following them like sheep. It's a very dangerous road and Dave told me never to overtake on it, so I did as I was told, even though white van man in front of me went past him right before a bend!!!!! I put my heart in my mouth just waiting for the accident!!!!

Anyways, further on, he's still doing 35 mph I saw my chance and I got up a bit close before indicating and taking the plunge and of course, being in Dave's Beemer which is auto, as I kicked it down I could see I nearly took his back wing with me, so in a split second I hung back to give myself more room before I kicked her down and she took off like a bat out of hell, and I really had to hold on to her as I sped past at great speed!!! Oh how I love that car! That could have been nasty, but somehow, I saw my mistake in time. Not like a geared car where you put it in third and you know what's happening, it's so powerful and when you kick her down like that you're in the lap of the Gods as to whether she goes down 1 or 2 gears to know just how tight to hang on to the wheel or how close to be to the car in front! Lol! Phew! Another great escape on my part methinks

I expect people think the same of me as they do of you when they see me in such a big powerful car, but hey, who cares, at least we're happy driving them! Good on you for pulling up beside him, but shame he didn't write it off further on!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2008, 05:53 PM
A few years ago a retired school teacher was driving between Aberfoyle and Callendar, it's a narrow twisting road, she was slowing down to 10mph at every bend and the traffic behind her stretched back over a mile, the cops were at the tail-end of the queue and worked their way forward to her.

She was charged with inconsiderate driving to other road users, and in court was fined £200.

The Sheriff said he'd not make her re-sit her driving test but if she came before him again she's have to do a re-test.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Good on them!!! I think there was talk a while back about fining these crawlers on a no-speed limit road wasn't there?? I wish they would.

I can understand it when it's a tractor with a trailer like I had the other day, or a horsebox or similar like I also had the other day, but a normal family saloon car doing 35 mhp when there's no speed limit is the height of frustration for me on a fast road. I know it's a dangerous road with lots of bends, but 50 mph is more than safe, and I usually find I can do that all the way along the 6 mile stretch of this particular road. Something needs to be done about these peops! I can guarantee you it's this type of person (normally over 80!) who cause half of our road accidents, let alone the young test pilots behind the wheel!
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Don't get me started on drivers who pootle along when they need to be going faster.
Now, as I remember it, slip roads to dual carriageways etc are the place you should be picking up speed to enable you to safely merge with the traffic already on the carriageway.
Not round here it's not!
To get to work I come out my little village and round the roundabout which leads me down onto the last bit of the A14, the main road into the Port of Felixstowe, hence one or two (100) lorries come thundering along it.
At the point that the slip road from the roundabout merges with the A14 most of them are still in the slow lane. They move into the fast lane to turn right at the next roundabout to go to Dock Gate 1 or 2 in the next few 100 metres.
But, there are always little oldies (usually in micras) who pootle along the slip road at 25-30mph, not attempting to go any faster, and either force the lorries over or make them brake quickly.
.... so when I find one on the slip road 'pootling' I overtake if possible (it is plenty wide enough for two cars) so I can get safely onto the dual carriageway, and you can just see them mouthing obscenities as I whizz past, totally oblivious to the fact they nearly cause a pile up everytime they drive!

Ok so you got me started lol.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2008, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm, 'tis a great thing that none of you live near me! I'd hate to see your reaction to the common TZ occurrence of getting caught behind a string of tractors, at harvest time! The max. speed permitted to them is - 18 mph!

We had one great evening at the back end of last year - speed in town restricted because we were stuck behind a horse, then out of town and all the way home behind a tractor army. Our frozen chips were all soggy by the time we got them home

Snorri
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-04-2008, 08:59 PM
P.S.

Hi-yo Silver, away!

Snorri
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 11:29 PM
the other day i was driving along a60- behing a learner doing 20

no kidding

this road has had so many deaths on it - i absolutely hate i

so some prat instructor teaching an obsiously incapable learner on it was asking for it

imo if you cant do 60 as a learner you shouldne be on thoses types of roads

i wasnt allwoer so they shouldnt either....
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2008, 11:38 PM
lmaorof,,,,go get yourself an old mans car,,now nero how many times have I said that to you ,,