Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Eratema
New Member!
Female 

01-08-2014, 01:11 PM

Greenwoods. Do you know it?

Hi
I'm doing a bit of research on dry food, as mi lab-rott X has got a quiet sensitive stomach...
I have tried several brands, the best ones I've found for him are Lupo and Burns, but I have to keep changing, as after a while he starts having difficult digestions again.
I have come across Greenwoods, it is supposed to be manufactured in the UK but I cannot find any information about it. Composition seems ok, one only source of proteins (fish) and maybe too much rice, but Bruce is already 9, so I guess he'll be fine with more veggies and rice than meat.
Any help is welcome here
Cheers!
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

01-08-2014, 11:05 PM
Hello Marta can you see this link to Greenwoods. Yes it seems to be made here and the ingredients are not bad.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...ood/greenwoods
this is the fish and rice..
http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/dogs/d...34#composition

A white fish and potato based food often works well for sensitive tummy's.

Arden Grange do one a there are others .

This is a good site for information on dog food..
http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/
Eratema
New Member!
Female 

03-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Thank you Meg, interesting link!
THis must be a quite new dog food, I cannot find reviews anywhere
Well, I guess I may be writing the first one
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Eratema View Post
Thank you Meg, interesting link!
THis must be a quite new dog food, I cannot find reviews anywhere
Well, I guess I may be writing the first one
Hi Marta I haven't come across it before and only the one place here seems to stock it.
JTVN
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-08-2014, 04:48 PM
It may be made in the UK for Zooplus as I can't find any info on Greenwoods and it is odd that Zoo are the only suppliers
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-08-2014, 08:23 PM
Originally Posted by JTVN View Post
It may be made in the UK for Zooplus as I can't find any info on Greenwoods and it is odd that Zoo are the only suppliers
Zooplus are the only suppliers of Purizon as well.
Greenwoods looks good, no maize in it which is a good sign.
Musher
Dogsey Junior
Male 

30-08-2014, 03:35 PM
Hi Martha.
May seem off topic. Please forgive me if that is the case felt by anyone.
Apparently the stomach of a dog takes 11 days to make new enzymes to digest food. If you switch, do so by slowly introducing higher percentages of it daily to their old dogfood over that period.
Also, most of today's cereal grains are GMO of which most are artificially ripened using stuff like Roundup.
(I wonder if that is why there are so many more digestive tract problems and cancer illnesses per capita today)
Presently I have 16 sleddogs. I've been humbled to recognize dogs aren't like humans. Gorillas are like humans, dogs are like wolves.
I am not a professional dog nutritionist or any other "well taught" individual" but after well over 35 years of reading and 25 years of practical, I think I have a good idea of how to keep dogs healthy and strong.
As testimony to that, my leader, Okimaw, lived to be 16 + human years(well over112 dog years). A cpl of weeks more and he would've been 17. Even up to his last(14th)winter on the sled he lead and helped train other leaders as young as 1&2. Sadly he died shortly before his birthday. When I asked the vet what happened I was told simply that he was extremely old for a husky and in exceptional health other than that.
I have fed my dogs(just like wolves)mostly raw whole animal, and yes, fish is a very good part of it.
I'm not saying you must do that.
I'm saying is, there are many optins and that dogs don't use carbs like we do. (It actually makes them sick. Long and short term.)

Also, please do not ever give your dogs gaterade type drinks.
It is bad, bad, bad for them. They're most likely to spray it out both ends instead of being able to utilize it. They're not like humans.
There is so much info in books and on the www that pays so much attention to a dogs genetics as opposed to human egocentricity towards dogs.

I have typed all this simply because of my compassion for dogs.
(Ironic that I get along better with my dogs than with humans. Maybe because they don't care I have a big nose, or green eyes, or long hair, or I don't speak politically correct to them,,,or,,,or,,)
HAGD
I do so hope I have been some help.