Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 11:45 AM

Doctors Appointment

Hi all,
Well i have an appointment with my GP this afternoon,i am going to discuss my dental phobia with him and hope he can prescribe some painkillers and somthing to calm me down for Thursday.
I failed to tell the Dentist last week when i made the appointment that i'm dental phobic,to be honest it was as much as i could do to hold it together and couldn't wait to get off the phone.
Well i decided that i should phone them this morning and let them know,with shaking hands and voice to match...the receptionist was really nice and said she would put a note by my appointment,she also explained that dentistry has changed quite alot during the last 20 years,the dentist is supposed to be very nice and understanding so that's something i suppose,until they meet me there worst nightmare
I spoke with a friend of mine this morning who is the same as me,and he said go and get some anti's from the doctor,he may well give me some but i know that's not the answer as the problem/cause will still be there.
I still feel very anxious and uneasy,but a little more postitive than i did yesterday.