Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tigerfeet
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:22 AM

any standard poodle owners

Do i have a dying breed of dog ,as i never ever meet a standard on my many dog walks?Anyway hallo one and all .Am new to all this,so fogive any mistakes.I own a 16 mth girl [standard] and an old boy [no not my hubby ]of 14 yrs.He is a golden retriever and sad to say the vet hasnt given him long.HOWEVER AS LONG AS HE LOOKS HAPPY AND EATS HIS FOOD ,allis well 'Would love to talk doggie talk with anyone who is obsessed like me
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey.

Your right not many standards around, we do have two near us but they are the only ones I have seen for years and white and a black one, both owned by the same chap......and they are stunning.
tigerfeet
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:45 AM
thanks for the welcome.Yes every site for standards seem to be American .,which makes it difficult to get info on ,like diet ,weight,.Am having problems at the minuite regarging her weight and energy levels.She has had one or two skin problems .which i believe is a thing with this breed ,Apart from that vet says she is o.k..But just lately she is very lathargic ,and i would have expected at 16 mths she would have tons of energy.She used to have.
tigerfeet
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:48 AM
thanks for the welcome .Yes most info i get from the American sites.I am having some problems with her at the moment,as she seems very lathargic for a 16 mth old ,although the vet has checked her out
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi and Welcome

No standards here sorry - but we did have quite a few that came in to the grroming parlours I have worked at and also I have had a few come through training.

Lovely dogs but I'm afraid, having worked at a groomers, I like wipe clean dogs
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi and welcome to Dogsey.

I have to say that I am a poodle convert - I confess, I never really liked them when I was younger, but over the past few years I've got past the fancy haircuts and seen more of the dog underneath - and what characters they seem to be

As for her lack of energy - what are you feeding her - diet can make a huge difference (I'm talking in general dog terms, I have no specific knowledge of poodles).

Also, has she been spayed? if not, is there any chance she is coming into season - that could well make her lethargic.
Deborahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:04 PM
HI, no standards round here..lots of small ones though. They seem to be quite popular. Watched Crufts on sunday night and saw the standard there...nice looking dog.
tigerfeet
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:11 PM
I have always fed her on james wellbeloved,as my other dogs but has never seemed to thrive as well on it as the others .Am thinging that mabe i need to change to some other but dont know what
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Hello and welcome

Two black standards go in the park by me.

And a friend had a white one , but lost him a few yrs back to old age.
tigerfeet
New Member!
Female 

10-03-2009, 12:16 PM
she has been spayed and is over weight ,not a lot .but am ajusting her diet slowly.She has always been on James wellbeloved food but has never really thrived on it like my other dog ,think i need to change but dont know what to
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >