Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2016, 07:53 AM

Daily Thread, Saturday, 26th Novmber

Good morning all,

Hope all is well with you all, Nippy did Brian get his phone call?

LG, had to laugh at your Tess but what a nightmare, good job you had some to wash the worst off before taking her home for her bath.

Griff, hope you are feeling better today lass.

June, hope your temper is better today too but I do know how you feel.

Kazz, very few youngsters have any idea of loyalty to the firm that has given them a job, not as if a lot was expected of him.

Harvey hope all is well in your world.

Sue, Barry, Mandy, Nikki and Norma hope you are all surviving well.

Have a good day all, take care stay warm and dry and above all safe and well, God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2016, 08:04 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow.
Very chilly here today.

June hope you are feeling better today after yesterdays banshee episode. Very frightening when things like that happen. Shock of what might of been can make you lose it.
Nippy Jen hope the phone for Brian came and went well.
Hope muddy dogs who are now clean do not repeat their puddle dipping today.
Popster still thinking of you.

Well one happy son youngest. He got paid on time for a change so has treated him and Maca to a few treats for the flat paid us some money back and is thoroughly enjoying his job.
Just Mark to get sorted now then maybe I can relax again in that department. Plus Gorden to get a job this way.
We went out for tea last night but of course usually when we plan things and Gorden is due an early leave things go wrong. Fire alarm went off false alarm so that delayed him then 3 accidents on the way home M11 so we had trouble getting in to the usual places as no point in us booking can never be sure of his time of arrival.
Went over to Guyhirn way and found a new chinese restaurant that had opened, got a table and food delicious and all very reasonable to. We will remember that one.

Might take Dillon for a walk over Shouldham Warren later when him and Gorden surface then we will most likely pop out somewhere.

Hope everyone is well and all doglets to.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2016, 10:02 AM
Heavy frost this morning,all the water buckets frozen. Handed out breakfasts and tidied up and back in for my own. Cariad and Lona will have a short walk round then he others can go on the country park. Kesh cant be off lead, I'll have her on a line and if we get the chance they can have a play, field is a no go at the weekend and river level dropped but not enough to get on there. The minute it does I'm back onto the EA about the debris, if I could get everyone on there I wouldn't have to cope with quite so many muppets on a Friday as that does seem to be the day I encounter them. All I want is for Kesh to be able to run and play with her family on the odd occasion. I am responsible in that she stays on a line most times, don't think its a lot to ask.
Chinese sounds beautiful, Lynn, glad to hear you finally had a night off from it all, albeit a late one. Good news about the wages, as you say just the other one to sort out now
Sun is out, blue sky, very cold, as long as the rain stays away I'm happy. Big Bonus is that in the last few days I have only taken out two carrier bags of shavings, rest has stayed dry and clean and therefore not chucking it straight out because its sopping within a few hours. Therefore don't have to open a new bale and buy more in
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2016, 10:20 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and June and all who follow

So nice to be paid on time and be able to do as you wish and not struggle. Well done to youngest son just the other one to get settled now. Enjoy your trip out with Dillon.

Hope the father holds for some time for you June, money saved and time

Sunny here this morning and cold. Teazle walked and housework done, Barry busy enjoying himself with the leaf blower so await my call to help Went to the cinema last night with my son to see Arrival which was good and had us thinking as it was not what you thought was happening but wont spoil it by telling incase anyone else goes to see it.

Have a good day and stay safe.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2016, 12:13 PM

Yes yet another 14 bags of leaves this morning collected off the garden this time. That must make about 40/50 bags by now
What a little beauty this leaf blower is

Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

26-11-2016, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
That must make about 40/50 bags by now
Hi Barry, have you thought abut keeping a few bags for 'leaf mold' It does take a long time (2 years at least) but would be excellant for the garden, nothing better in fact, or so SWMBO tells me
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2016, 02:34 PM
Well Zen has actually proved she is useful for something. Was at the basin where the swans are and chatting to this guy who used to have a German Shepherd, Mabs and Zen offlead running about, had Kesh onlead, thank goodness - because all of a sudden this frantic barking sounded from where I had just come from and a small light coloured dog ran up barking, so I cleared off at once, it followed me, also another curly coated slightly bigger light coloured one, I'm pretty sure the smaller one was a Border Terrier, which is unusual because they are not generally barky as far as my experience of them goes. It came flying at Kesh who had nowhere to go but on her hind legs barking at it, was trying to get her behind me, shouted to the woman who was miles behind them, get your dogs back now. At that moment Zen flew at both dogs and chased them off, Mabs then rounded Zen up to come back after a certain point and held them off whilst I got through the gate with Kesh and then they both followed. Zen got lots of praise and so did Mabs as well. Saw a few dogs out and they were so good with them, coming back when called. There's a young couple with younger kids and they have very tiny dogs which Zen plays with, and warned them because they wouldn't have stood a chance against the two that came at us. If they would have a go at big dogs then I would be concerned for the safety of a yorkie and a cavalier. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had been daft enough to have Kesh offlead, they would probably have been mincemeat by now!! Didn't see the dogs in question, because of course I was thinking OMG what if they are walking towards me on the way back, but vanished completely
Girls all settled with a bone, cleaned up and beds down. I am now going to have a bacon butty and mug of tea, then make a start on the painting again
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Barry, have you thought abut keeping a few bags for 'leaf mold' It does take a long time (2 years at least) but would be excellant for the garden, nothing better in fact, or so SWMBO tells me

Already got 2 compost bins full rotting down. we don't have the room for all the leaves we have collected

Now behind this
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2016, 03:17 PM
Oh dear June another walk spoilt but the girls were very good for you.

Don't worry Harvey we have a large composite bin nicely mulching of leaves from last year but no room for anymore. All hopefully spread across the garden next year.

Just got back from another walk and by golly it is cold out there now having a coffee to warm up
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

26-11-2016, 03:21 PM
Can't believe how well Zen reacted, not over the top, not a sound actually, but they didn't half run. It is a Saturday so I always expect things to go wrong, sometimes there's not a soul up there, sometimes its like the M6, you can never tell. It was busy there today, but really those dogs were the only ones that I had a problem with and it was dealt with very well I thought. Feel sorry for Kesh as she cannot be doing with dogs barking at her, she gets all agitated, if they don't bark she's pretty friendly and sits next to me while people stroke her.
Nice bacon, cheese and tomato butty and mug of tea, so feeling a lot better. Painting is calling me, it'll be dark soon at this rate
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >