Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Strange really as terrible though the Grand Mal seizures are, and the following post-ictal period, I find I can now cope with those. I guess I have no choice really, do I, but the complex partial seizures are, in a way, more difficult to deal with and my fear is that if I cannot stop them then they will turn into a full-blown Grand Mal.

And I know I am going round in circles now but Pereg has clustered and my greatest fear is not being able to break a cluster and for her to go into status.

So all I can say is so far she and I are coping, and long may it last. And with regard to possibly liver damage from the medication I guess it is a choice between medication now and a happy Pereg than no medication and the very strong risk of brain damage or death from status, and the risk of liver damage from the medication.

I am waiting on a delivery of Milk Thistle which is supposed to counter the effects of Pb on the liver, but even though I know it will not harm her there is no proof that it will not help any possible future damage to her liver.

Pereg is happy and that is the only important thing at the moment. We live for the day, for the enjoyment of the day. Because tomorrow might never come.
Yes, always a worry that the fits may change and become more severe.

Isaac's liver was scanned and tested. If his fits become more frequent and come to require medication, it was agreed that he will be monitored very carefully.

I live for the enjoyment of the day with Isaac as well Probably why the little horror gets away with murder

Take care.

Seoniad.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2