Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 05:01 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Sunday)

Good morning one and all! Spectacularly early start to the day for me as it's the last day to get it ALL done! Already walked Bella and dug out my 'sterling purse'. Am getting the collywobbles here already.

I am now off to read pages 3, 4, 5 and 6 of yesterday's daily thread! Will pop back when I've caught up.

*caught up now. Started out laughing and intending to respond but got so bogged down in old 'school' stuff and having no happy memories of life in convent schools ended up on a bit of a downer!

I've found my boots! Now come on - how cold is it over there at the mo? I mean I don't need big jumpers do I? Will a couple of light cardis do? Have packed warm slippers and a cuddly robe.

Been having a bit of a giggle reading these:
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/09/23/...mplaint-notes/
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 05:51 AM
Wow. You helping out Tang? Awesome! I like being able to say hi before I go to bed, but you guys usually dont post early enough lol. I honestly just finished reading the Saturday thread as I was out and about alot today. And it's still Saturday here, for another 15 or so minutes lol.

Mouse got a new collar today. I finally found one made with brass! Its brown soft leather with sparkly light orange rhinestones on it lol and two d-rings, the leaah one is on the back of it. perfect!

I just wanted to say: nananana boo boo I never had to wear a uniform in school. Lol

And to Jenny G yes, the weather changes in a snap here, always has, so it's nothing new.... at least it hasn't snowed yet!

Me and a neighbour are making banana bread tomorrow (today for you all) as we both have a bunch of bananas frozen. I hate banana bread, but my roommate likes it, so he'll get my share. I just cant bear to throw them out, so between us we have 22 bananas. ... that's way more than the 4 the recipe calls for! We're going to have alot of banana bread! Lol
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning Pat, Sara and fellow members,

I slept really really well last night once I'd had a coughing fit and thought my ribs were going to explode through my torso. I've been awake for about half an hour, the dogs have been out and had breakfast and I plan to lie on the settee and see if I can sleep some more

Pat - You won't need thick jumpers and winter coats . The weather at the moment is just autumnal so layers and a waterproof (windproof) coat will be fine. As you've probably gathered the weather is so changeable from area to area. We haven't gone into single figure temperatures during the day at all and its been ranging from 14 - 20 degrees. We've had the odd chilly night but again mostly in double figures. I hope you get everything sorted before you leave ..... anything you don't will just HAVE to wait. I haven't looked at your link yet but will in a mo.
Sara - Mouse's new collar sounds divine ... photo please of little Mouse wearing it. As for banana bread I adore it so feel free to bring as many loaves as you want in here later as I know it will all get eaten I didn't realise you could freeze bananas whole .... thanks for the tip. Sleep well and see you later.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 06:50 AM
Just got woke up out of a doze by what I think eas the entire police force in Red Deer heading out to the highway.... sounds like something pretty serious going on!
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Just got woke up out of a doze by what I think eas the entire police force in Red Deer heading out to the highway.... sounds like something pretty serious going on!
Oooh quick get your clothes on and follow them and report back Officer Sara .... we could do with a drama here .... mind you I hope nobody is hurt

Sally - You asked about my crown last night (after I'd logged off) ........ I lobbed it out of the window when I was driving out of sheer disgust
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:04 AM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Oooh quick get your clothes on and follow them and report back Officer Sara .... we could do with a drama here .... mind you I hope nobody is hurt

Sally - You asked about my crown last night (after I'd logged off) ........ I lobbed it out of the window when I was driving out of sheer disgust
Saturday night on the highway... likely either a police chase or some drunk killed someone with his car. Drunk drivers are an epidemic here. As are drugs.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:08 AM
Morning

We were busy with the garden yesterday - not that we have that much of a garden but it was getting a bit overgrown.

Not sure what we have on today - there is always loads to do but we never seem to get round to doing it.

Have a good one!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Morning Pat, Jenny, Sara, Linda and everyone

Well done for getting this up Pat cos I had a lie in and we still seem to be missing our lovely Lynn don't we. Sara please feel free to put this thread up if ever you feel the inclination cos it really is a free for all now, and I could do with a bit of help what with Pat being on an aeroplane tomorrow and having such a stressful week ahead.

I can't believe I slept in till 7.30 along with Zena, but of course, Dave was up at silly hour, watching telly with his headphones on when I got up.

Haven't caught up with yesterday but hope everyone is ok along with the doglets.

Had a really busy day yesterday, as I did both vans myself, and I hate doing that little van now it's so small and difficult to get into the routine I seem to have with the larger one. PLUS, when I went to do the double bed, I wasn't happy with the sheet, it had some dog hairs on, it wasn't all nice and fresh and crispy, and then I realised it was the sheet I had washed from Zena's summer bed when I replaced it with her lovely new blanket from TKMax Good job I realised what it was, so I had to come home and get another one and go back and finish it off. They had left me a lovely box of chocs on the table, home made ones, and a lovely review. I do love these guests of mine, they have all been absolutely fab this year, (especially you Jenny!), but maybe that's because this year I took the time to pop up and introduce myself each time.

Anyway, nice quiet day here for us, roast beef for lunch and finish off all this washing that's sitting out in the bootroom.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Morning Pat and all,

Had a lovely walk over the fields and through the woods with Lily this morning.
must get her fed and myself showered in a moment as mum and dad are popping round this morning only I don't know roughly what time, so better not be stuck in the shower when they turn up .

It was lovely last night to cook my meal and just chuck all the pans and everything else in the dishwasher and have them done for me. I am so pleased I treated myself.

This afternoon I will go down to the river with Lily for a walk again as yesterday we found a poor swan covered in oil. The others were all fine, but I let the animal rescue centre know that is opposite and they said they would go straight over and have a look and catch it if it needed treatment. i just want to make sure they found it ok and the others are still fine.

Have a good day all and have a good flight tomorrow Pat.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2013, 07:44 AM
Well I'm glad I popped back now - feeling much more cheery reading some of this (you nutters!) Don't throw blackboard rubbers at me but ... I still haven't actually done any 'work' for work (but I fired off a few rapid emails that will make them think I am ENGROSSED in it! And send my Sep invoice in early in case I forget it later - telling them I will add today's hours on to next month's!

Jenny.g
Crown? Crown? What gives with the crown? WHAT crown? You were at a funeral, not a hen night. Why did you have a crown! You have my FULL sympathy with those ribs girl. It was my ribs that hurt the most after my accident a few years back - seems bruised ribs can take a VERY long time to get better. Even the hosp sent me for a kidney scan coz they were still hurting me so long afterwards. I was sure I'd at least got one broken one and the others all piercing my inner organs lol! But no it was just the muscles so badly bruised where I landed on my back slightly to one side. The only time they didn't hurt was if I laid dead still ON them. Docs said that proves it is muscles cos they only hurt when you move them unfortunately you have to move your muscles or you will get worse problems.

Your clothing advice is being taken and actually I am going to travel wearing a long indiany cotton lined dress thingy and shove a long cardi in top of bag. If I wear trousers I will have to wear boots - I have nothing in between flips and boots am wearing the wedge soled cushy Hush Puppy Flips I bought for Jen Graduation when I broke my toe. I want to BUY stuff too so not taking too much and this morning I have filled a huge bin bag with more stuff for the charity shop as well so not an entirely wasted morning.

Sara
Another one here who didn't know you could freeze bananas! That's excellent for me being on my own. I love them in fits and starts and end up chucking them. Fruit here doesn't last more than a day or so - not just because it's hot but because it isn't treated to last. Small Cyprus bananas are the best I've tasted. Now I reckon that police convoy is on the way coz they've been tipped off about the banana bread and how you've got more than enough for your needs!

LuckyStar
What you have to do is go out and buy yourself a 'round tuit' and then you will get done all the stuff that never gets done because you haven't got a round tuit.

Helena
Well Lynn is AWOL and I was up and wanted to catch up so tho't I'd whack it on. You might see me again during the week if I can't sleep coz I'm so worried about Martin! My poor baby is broken

Putting the dog sheets on the guest beds eh? LOL!
I managed to buy a load of green army sheets here for just €4 each. They were specifically to chuck down on stuff for the dog. But everyone used them - to cover chairs and stuff when it was really hot coz they were really thick 100% linen so cool to sit on. Bluddy 'orrible army green colour too and I was looking at it EVERYWHERE!

Madmare
Glad you're luvin that dishwasher! Well done for alerting swan rescue. We often called them out when cruising the Thames. Poor things usually angling rubbish, line and shot caught up in beaks. Sometimes the droopy neck which is usually due to lead shot too. I believe they've made great strides in banning it in UK since. Wish they had here too.

Bitkin
and
Nippy
Your postings on yesterday's thread kept me amused earlier on!

Got my mobile on charge and remembered to pack charger. I have a backpack laptop case (bluddy need it with my laptop weighing 5kg without the cables or anything else!) and it's big enough to shove a light handbag and stuff I need on the journey into too with lots of pockets so will get that packed later. Packed a fluffy robe and then took it out again - I mean as if my sis doesn't have dressing gowns! And I know Mart has coz I usually buy them!

Well I spose I better take a look at this first batch of 3K product listings again
Have fun and don't do anything I wouldn't do (that leaves you a wide scope)
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »