Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 06:07 AM

Pedigree Dogs Exposed

Hope I am putting this in the right section!!! As the title states it is a program on TV tonight, it is from the UK (I am in Australia), has anyone seen it and what did they think if they have seen it? I am going to try to watch it tonight but if I get too cranky will have to change the channel.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 06:33 AM
I did not see it but it was the catalyst for huge discussion in the UK regarding pedigree dogs and breeding practices. It completely rocked the dog world...
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 08:56 AM
sounds like a controversial topic, will try to watch it but hate cruelty to animals.
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-09-2009, 11:11 AM
I wish somebody here would risk the wrath of the show establishment to expose the same abuses.
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 11:55 AM
It is def worth watching. Makes you think about what is going on in the dog world, even if it is not an entirely accurate documentary (it was obviously made to shock and it did!).
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 12:32 PM
It is interesting but very one sided. Only showing the worst examples of people in some breeds & not mentioning the good breeders trying to do what's right.
bingowings
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2009, 12:39 PM
I watched it and thought it was very interesting and thought provoking. It shows extreme lengths that SOME people go to to further their dog showing career.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 01:34 PM
I watched most of it and it seems the people that represent these dogs are treating them like they are objects that don't have any feelings or need for quality of life. I guess it is the crappy side of some people seeing $$for animals.
mse2ponder
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 02:40 PM
It's quite interesting, highlighting the hypocrisy that goes on in the show world: dogs no longer fit for function while still winning shows and siring litters. It definitely only shows the worst side of the pedigree dog world, but that's what it was designed to do, and it has undoubtedly made the Kennel Club sit up and take notice. Well worth a watch.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2009, 03:35 PM
It's worth watching but very very biased and should not be held as representative of pedigree owners/breeders/show goers as a whole as the majority health test and only breed from happy and healthy dogs but of course, it does go on in some circles. x
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »