Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:03 PM

Opinions please...Have you met dog owners like

This.................... As you all know I own two BC's (shortly to be 3) and I would like to know your opinion on this as soon I will be training our little man 'Bruce'. My bitches are quiet girls, very sociable with other dogs, children and adults. I have taken great pride in being able to say 'yes' when people approach me with or without kids and ask if they can be stroked. It gives me a sense of pride to know I can open my front door without the girls attacking who is standing on the other side, it also gives me great satisfaction to be able to walk passed other people with thier dogs and know mine won't attack. So today off we go for a walk, and yet once again Skye was attacked by a GSD bitch this time. If she wasn't minding her own business (she was chasing her ball) then perhaps I would understand it, but this bitch simply just decided that Skye was the target and took flight. I shouted (perhaps I was wrong) for her to 'down' which she did, but I thought that if she wasn't a moving target the GDS bitch might loose interest, NO this dog just flew in, Skye immediately went into submission (Rolled on her back) but the dog got her by the throat. Reah went in like a shot (didn't think she could move that fast) and brought the GSD down by shoulder charging then grabbing hold of it's ear. The guy who owns the GSD puts his dog on a lead, smacked it across its nose (making it yelp) and tells me that she can be 'unpredicable' at times and that she has done this periodically before. But then proceeds to tell me (as I'm checking Skye's throat) that I ........................'Mommy coddle them to much' and that they need to be taught alittle more aggression. He said that my dogs are too sociable and thats he's seen me over there before and that my dogs will be attacked because they are easy targets when appraoching other dogs. By now I'm reminding him that HELLO YOU NUMPTY Skye didn't appraoch your dog she was playing ball, your dog 'mister bloody know-it-all' took flight after her. He then says 'yea
I know that ' but I'm just saying that I've seen you out with them before and I've noticed that you let anyone or anything approach them, so your teaching them to be 'Wimps' and that you should teach them to stick up for themselves more. I couldn't be bother to get into an arguement with him, but as I walking away he's telling me not to get offended, but that the younger one (Skye) needs to toughen up as it 'dog eat dog world'. Sorry left with one finger up in the air. What do you peeps think, we are having 'Bruce' at the end of Jan. Is that another 'wimp' in the camp? Skye by the way is find, just shook her up alittle, but she was ok on our walk just.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm sure you already know the answer....the guy is a complete Tw*t.

He either likes to have a 'hard' dog or has come up with this theory to excuse his own dog' behaviour.

Hope Skye is Ok
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:11 PM
What an idiot, your dogs are not wimps they are just well trained, why would you want them to be aggressive??? Stupid man

My two are becoming a little aggressive with other dogs and i hate it, i would much rather a couple of "wimps" than aggressive dogs.

I say take it with a pinch of salt and keep doing what you are doing as it sounds like you have very well behaved dogs so well done you!!!

So there!!!

Hope your babies are ok!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:14 PM
You have lovely, well behaved dogs who are an example of how all dogs should behave. He on the other hand has a badly behaved dog who has not been taught manners. He is just trying to justify his own shortcomings as an owner. If it was his child bullying another child, would it be acceptable. No and it is no different with dogs. Try not to let this idiot get to you and make it question what you know to be right.
Glad Skye is alright and give her a hug from me x
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I can't quite believe what I've just read, this guy telling you you should make your dogs more aggressive sounds to me as if he was just covering up for his own incompetance as a respectful, decent owner, boy would I love to have a dog like yours, who you could trust like that, what a complete moron, nothing but a bully who has made his dog into a bully as well, I'd try not to let it worry you, be proud of you doglets and of yourself, proud that you have such wellbehaved, well adjusted dogs, I'm glad Skye is ok, and well done Reah for her quick actions, he's nothing more than a pathetic little man (no matter what his stature) having to have a big aggressive dog to prove he is a man, pathetic
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Thnks guys.....sorry this has got to me abit ( hubby just been in for his break and told me the same as you guys) I think it's because this is the second time it's happened to Skye and I worry abit about her mental state....bless. She must be so confused now, and knowing that the last time made her very wary upsets me.....so I'm in tears here. Also Reah has twice now had to pull Skye out of bother, this scares me incase anything set about her because of her legs. But Skye is just not a fighter, never has been never will be hopefully. Sorry to ramble...feeling better now Cheers thought I was teaching them wrong, but have never owned a fighting BC over 44 years. Makes me wonder what has changed with society to met people like this
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Like CLMG I can not believe what I am reading at all!!! What a moron! Dogs being wimps???? What on earth - thought all dogs should be socially calm???

We all know that there are dogs that for one reason and another aren't good around other dogs but to blame someones dog for being a wimp when being attacked !!!!

Glad Skye is ok - the bloke is lucky no damage done! He should have much more control over his dog before this happens.
Gizzmo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

he's a right fool trying to cover his own shortcommings by saying that your dogs are wimps if they are wimps I think that they sound like very lovley well behaved wimps and I would have them anyday over his dog

I do hope skye is okay
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:35 PM
IM So sorry that you had to encounter a complete moron and do hope skye is ok hun, I had to read your post twice as i could not believ the guys remarks ,Imo he needs to have a few lessons in manners and how to be a better and more responsible owner , How dare he say you mommy cuddle your dogs Maybe if he took his own dog to obedience classes it would be better behaved and he would not need to strike his dog to control it , Also he should enrol in a few classes himself maybe then he will learn a few things about how a dog should behavve and how to be a better owner and handler of his own dog (Like you are yourself ) What a complete ****** he is
Hugs and cuddles to poor Skye .

Maybe he should put his hands between his legs and squeeze and when he finds what little there is there he wont e so quik to insult the next dog owner he encounters for the fact he is a complete tw@t and cant handle or train is own dog xxdk
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Maybe he should put his hands between his legs and squeeze and when he finds what little there is there he wont e so quik to insult the next dog owner he encounters for the fact he is a complete tw@t and cant handle or train is own dog xxdk............................thanks dkxxxx perhaps he should.......if he can find them. cheers hun xx
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >