Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2010, 06:12 PM

Eating weeds

We've cut Woody's food down a little as he was looking abit porky and not eating all his brekkie. Only by a small amount though.

However, ever since we did he has now become obsessed with eating weeds in this area near our house where we exercise him in the morning. I've had a good look and I don't think any are poisonous but why is he doing it?

He is so obsessed about it no amount of offering tempting treats or calling him excitedly away will stop until he's finished. Today he smells of asparagus wee!

We won't be taking him in there any more, but does it suggest a deficiency?
seaunicorn
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-04-2010, 07:12 PM
I can't answer your question but Missy eats grass and weeds all the time, there are some specific types that she will head for but I don't know what they are except the moss which she seems to like especially.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Rianna eats grass (and sometimes weeds) but only when we are on our walks, she never seems to at home even 'tho there is plenty in the garden

I'm guessing that it's not a deficiency more likely it just tastes good (to a dog )
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 09:25 PM
All of my dogs get obsessed with eating grass at this time of year, I put it down to the new growth coming through. Once Spring has sprung they lose interest, not sure if this relates to Woody or not though!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2010, 09:55 PM
Yup plenty of dogs around here like to chow down on the new grass, sometimes they are like a bunch of weird sheep
and all on different diets
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 08:59 AM
My dogs have a good munch on some sea holly in one of the containers. Not sure wether to give up trying to grow it or to leave it there for one of their 5 a day.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
That does reassure me though. Thanks guys.

Will just keep an eye on him then, as always ;o)