View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JIMMY LAW
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Lived abroad in Spain, for around seven years and i wouldnt go back. I would love to move back to my home county of Kent but not my home town. Would love to go and live around Tenterden area( where the Darling Buds of May was filmed)Bootiful
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I was born in Kendal
It's beautiful. I've only been a few times because my Mum fell out with all but 4 of her siblings (she has 7 sisters and 2 brothers) and we have no mode of transport other than public. I can only remember going for my Cousin's wedding and my favourite Aunt's funeral though...

I need to visit there again - I need mint cake!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
For me Northumberland, there are some beautiful villages set in countryside and about 5 mins from the beach, its the county that everyone forgets
I used in live in Northumberland and loved it. We were up the Coquet Valley, really isolated. Not what I would now with a young son but we loved it when it was just us. Used to live and work on the Otterburn army ranges.

I had never been before we moved and was amazed at what there was - forests, hills, countryside and the beaches are fab!

Helen
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Rips. Yes, Wildernesse is a pretty special place ... although there is the odd house dotted along the opposite side of the loch now, so not as remote as it was when Mike was there ... although perhaps that wouldn't be such a bad thing. It is a beautiful place. Have you ever been up?
No I've never been, would love to one day though - my idea of heaven. Although I can understand how it could make you go mad without the company of a dog!
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mese View Post
ok, I want to change my mind and move somewhere like you have , that sounds like a little piece of heaven on earth
It really is and we are soo lucky to be here. We are just on the edge of the moor, down a 1.5 mile single track lane.

Only downside.....not broadband

Helen
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
I need to visit there again - I need mint cake!
I didn't think anyone actually liked that stuff

Kendal is less than an hour from here and I quite often go shopping up there with my mum.

Helen
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
I didn't think anyone actually liked that stuff

Kendal is less than an hour from here and I quite often go shopping up there with my mum.

Helen
How can anyone not like it? - I used to eat loads and loads of it when I visited my Aunt. The chocolate covered one was the best!
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-04-2011, 08:59 PM
If I could move anywhere and magically take all my animals, I would go to New Zealand!
In the UK it would be Cumbria or North Devon I think.....
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
No I've never been, would love to one day though - my idea of heaven. Although I can understand how it could make you go mad without the company of a dog!
I must dig out my photos of the place Yes would would definitely need the company of at least one dog
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
How can anyone not like it? - I used to eat loads and loads of it when I visited my Aunt. The chocolate covered one was the best!
Yum - completely agree. I LOVE the choccie covered one too. When I lived in London for a few years in my early twenties, my mum used to send me Kendal Mintcake down in the post to give me a taste of home (literally!)
Page 8 of 9 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 >