Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xionax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2015, 10:46 AM

Can it help with fear aggression?

Hi,
I seem to meet more and more dog owners that are feeding raw for all kinds of different reasons, and as the title says can it help with fear aggression?
At the moment she just gets dry food twice a day.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-07-2015, 10:56 AM
I can't see why it would make any difference tbh.
I do raw feed, I think it's better for them, just as I think eating healthily is better for us.
I think a load of twaddle is talked about dog nutrition generally if I'm honest.
I had a fear aggressive dog,caused by the life she had before we took her on, we were he 5th owners. She did calm down somewhat in that time due to knowing she could rely on us etc but tbh if she felt herself to be under threat she would still bite first and ask questions later.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2015, 03:13 PM
Difficult if not impossible to gauge as as Trouble's post exemplifies there are many other factors. My collie who had five years of hell before i took her in, was always totally terrified of thunder etc and that did not change when I changed to "mostly raw" when I had access to very cheap chicken. She was rarely aggressive, except to vets, and to this day takes a great deal of pleasure and occupation in eating eg a chicken back or meaty bone. Far less terror now but then she is old and mellowed. Raw is more interesting than kibble ..I would never go back .
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-07-2015, 04:28 PM
The only time a change of food helps with aggression is when that aggression is caused by pain brought on by an intolerance to the food they are currently on.

Unfortunately, there isn't a magic pill to cure aggression, just hard work and perseverance
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
The only time a change of food helps with aggression is when that aggression is caused by pain brought on by an intolerance to the food they are currently on.

Unfortunately, there isn't a magic pill to cure aggression, just hard work and perseverance
My jrt cross goes totally hyper on raw red meat but fine with raw chicken. No pain for her just the enzymes etc in modern beef which I cannot eat either, In a less affectionate dog that could easily become aggression.