Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

14-05-2015, 10:55 PM
Harvey

It has been a month almost to the minute that I had to make the awful choice to let you go and I miss you every single minute.

You were my one true friend, my joy, my little boy.

I look for you everywhere but never see you.

I listen for you but just hear silence.

Life without you is empty and painful.

Run free munchkin - daddy loves you. xx
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2015, 12:30 PM
Oh Kenny time moves on and doesn't wait for anyone. I wish there was more I could say to ease your pain but it is a journey we all have to take on our own sometimes. But know there are so many friends on here that are here to support and comfort you in your loss. God bless always.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2015, 03:49 PM
DOGS, come into our hearts to teach us how to Love...........
They depart to teach us about Loss.

A new dog never tries to replace an old dog it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs then your heart is very Big!!

I hope Kenny your heart will expand to take on another dog. God bless. Moyra xxxx
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-06-2015, 08:34 PM
Hi Moyra

What a lovely message, thank you

What you say is true and I won't say never but I'm not in the right place right now, maybe one day...
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2015, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by KennyUK View Post
Hi Moyra

What a lovely message, thank you

What you say is true and I won't say never but I'm not in the right place right now, maybe one day...
Kenny: Listen to Moyra, she is absolutely right - there is no rush, but always keep your eyes and ears open - I will tell you about my Hal and how I ended up with Ben.

We bought Hal, a medium content wolf cross alaskan malamute about 17 years ago. He and I were as one, joint mentally and physically to each other. Tragically, at only 10 years old, he was put to sleep in my arms at Towcester Vets. He had developed septocaemia which went un-noticed by the vets because he apparently seemed so well - wolves and wolf crosses are very good at hiding pain, and sadly the vet was fooled by the outward signs.

I buried him myself under the hawthorn tree in our back garden.

6 months passed, and a Utonagan that Tawneywolf knew and had fostered one christmas was in desperate need of a new home, not because he was being abused or mistreated but because he simply could not cope with the long hours that his owner had to be absent from him at work. My husband and I discussed it, neither of us wanted to take on another dog although the house was so empty and CLEAN without Mr Wolf! We took on Tai because we both felt that this was pay-back time - we had owned for 10 short years the most beautiful dog that ever existed, and now it was pay-back time so against our better judgement, Tai came to live with us.

We bonded with him of course, we loved him and when I had to have him euthanised about a year or two ago, he died peacefully in my arms. This time, there was much sadness and regret, but no tears, no deep, heart-wrenching grief that I experienced with Hal. We had done our duty, we had offered exactly the sort of home that Tai needed, and he lived a very happy 7 or 8 years with us - not sure how old he was when he died, but he came to us aged 5 so he must have been pretty old.

And this is why I plead with you to keep your eyes and ears open:-

We were in our local one day sitting in the sun with Tai, when an old friend came up and asked us how Hal was? We replied that this isn't Hal, it's Tai, we had to have Hal put down a few years ago. D. said how sad he was, how much he had loved Hal and how he would love to have a dog like that. We told him about the various adoption people for Utes and he said he would look into it. A few weeks' later I learned that Ben, then called Henry, was in dire need of rehoming, that he had had a dreadful background of abuse but that the new owners loved him to bits but needed to rehome him because he kept being attacked by their rottie. We put D. straight onto this lady, and to cut a long story short, he adopted Ben and had a couple or so happy years with him. They bonded, they were kindred spirits, both had been abused and mistreated, and together they healed each other. And D. had a dreadful accident and had to be hospitalised for several weeks, so we fostered Ben whilst he was recovering in hospital. During this period, he and Tai bonded so well that D. gave Ben to us ... and the rest, as they say, is history.

The fairytale aspect to this story is that magically Ben turned out to be son of Hal!! From Hal's second litter.

Now that is fate, that is serendipity, that was just meant to be.

So keep those ears and eyes open Kenny, else you will miss out on having another "Harvey", another "Hal". It is perfectly possible to have more than one "The One!" Hal was my "The One", Ben is not a "The One", but I adore him and vice versa. Maybe I will never ever have another "The One", but when we lose Ben I will certainly be keeping ears and eyes open for another Mr Wolf, preferably a rescue, but maybe a puppy, the fickle finger of fate will decide!

Glad to hear you are at least coping Kenny - keep it up, and keep in touch, and listen to the wise words of your Elders!!
KennyUK
Dogsey Senior
Male 

11-06-2015, 11:08 PM
My beloved Harvey

Two months ago I had to make that decision to let you go and the pain has grown no less.

I still miss you as much as always my little boy and my life is empty without you.

You gave me so much joy and love, I'm so so sorry I could not save you.

Wherever you are, I hope you know that I love you.
Bobble
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Why did I click on this? Lovely Harvey whose last weeks we all shared. Thank you Kenny for all the lovely photo's and the poem, so we can see how wonderful Harvey was.

Such lovely words from Susannah too, that really finished me off, the screen has gone really blurry now... Harvey is with you forever in your heart kenny.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2015, 04:20 PM
Kenny, just wanted you to know that we all on here think of you and Harvey and hope that you are coping, you know Harvey would want you too. God bless and lots of love, Moyra xxxxxx
susannah92
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2015, 08:36 PM
Just wanted to echo Moyra's message. Been thinking of you Kenny xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-07-2015, 06:27 AM
Beautiful tribute Kenny, thinking of you during this sad time
Run free at the bridge Harvey x
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6