View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:37 PM
all my life i have been in to dogs we had a lab when i was a kid cant really remember much about her but i had to wait till i was 13 before we could another dog them we had two border collies then i been hooked on collies ever since
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-12-2006, 08:44 PM
born into a doggy family, had a lab and collie X as a child. My gran had a rough collie, who it was my joy and pleasure to torment! A beautiful dog, Kim! He used to sit on my gran's knee... she wasn't a big lady!
My great grandad and then great aunt (my grans sister and dad),owned boxers, my great grandad bred them and trained them, he was the local 'dg' man in the Scottish village where he was also the blacksmith and owned and bred big Clydesdale horses.
So...I guess you can say dogs are in my blood...and I'm more than a bit pleased about that!!!!!! :smt002
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 01:53 PM
All my life. I think my mum said that 'dog' was my first word.
TR7_Ally
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-12-2006, 02:26 PM
I grew up with dogs, although my Mum and Dad didn't have any my Aunty and Uncle did, and my Grandma too. Apparently one of the first words I said was "Susie" - the name of my Grandma's dog! I was always dog-obsessed and had an enormous collection of cuddly toy dogs, we got our first real one when I was eight, a guide dog puppy named Pippa. We puppywalked six in total - Pippa, Flint, Nixon, Hector, Hattie and Grady. We also adopted Morven, an elderly retired guide dog, at the age of 11 and she had 5 happy years with us. Nixon (Black Lab) came back to us at 7 after retiring as a guide dog, and Grady (Yellow Lab) failed the training scheme and came back to live with us at about 2. I'd always wanted an agility dog and Grady became that dog - he was quite good and everybody at the club I went to loved him. I wanted to work with dogs -my work experience was in Guide Dog kennels - but sort of ended up following the career path my parents wanted me to and went off to uni to get a degree. Couldn't have dogs for years then, as I was living in student halls and rented digs.

I've finally finished all my academic study - and still would much rather work with dogs but am now under trained and over qualified ! Now I have a proper home I'm pining desperately for a dog of my own, but I'm fighting a losing battle with my dog-phobic OH

So, that's 26 years with dogs on and off!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 02:40 PM
all my life our house was like a rescue centre for nay dog that needed a home ..... i had my first dog a cavalier in 1989 she was a little ruby and it all progressed from there
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2006, 04:44 PM
I think I was born that way! I used to 'borrow' my friends dog who was a lovely collie cross and walk him for miles. He was my biggest playmate as a kid!

Got my first dog at 8, she was a black & tan mongrel called Pip (maybe that's why I like Rotties?:smt002 )

I cannot imagine never owning a dog. I love animals in general and adore wildlife. Nothing makes me happier than being in the country, especially with my dog.
Snowangel
New Member!
Female 

29-12-2006, 01:35 AM
Have always had dogs, grew up with them. Couldnt imagine life without them. Have had Boxers for over 20 years and am Boxer-Mad!

Eat, sleep, think, dream, talk Boxers!!

Angel
surfthetide
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-12-2006, 03:35 PM
i was one of those children who sat at the window looking at the whole world who had dogs apart from me! i must have been a nightmare as eventually gypsy arrived !
mum had allways had labs an heelers but gyp was a cocker sp she was fab! even though she chased a seagull off a cliff and fell 100 ft and had to b rescued by the cornish coast guard!
i guess it diddnt put me off i have just got cocker no 3!!!
it really started with a collie x that we rescued from the pound after a rottie i was walking went home(i was gutted,but glad he found his owner)
anyway mork was a nightmare so my sis took him to dog club
then when i was a grown up i rescued flick..... as they say the rest is history!!!
we all are doggy now i have the 3 cockers an kelpiex and a papillion mum and dad have a lancashire heeler and paterdale spaniel x and my sister has a lab and 2 collies!
yes no wonder we dont have foreign family holidays!
CockerMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2007, 07:52 PM
My parents had dogs befre they had us kids. so i've grown up around them, we always had dogs in pairs and always Labs until i came back from scotland (marrage break-down) with a GSDx and a DobeXRotti. i'd seen a picture of my mother as a young girl with a red cocker and i always thought they were lovely dogs. i had the chance to take on Molly (a black cocker) as a seven month old, as her family didn't want her anymore. and it's been none stop cockers ever since.

so OMG nearly 35 years!!!!!!!!!!!
flow-wolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I've always been brought up with animals and I want my daughter to grow up having the same as what I did.

Dad used to have a large menagerie of animals in our back garden,this included my pony,goat,chickens,dads pigeons,jack russels,border lakelands,allsorts.

Spose thats where my love for animals has stemmed from.
Page 4 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »