Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
xxkayaixx
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:09 PM

Just having a moan!

I HAVE A 6 YEAR OLD STAFFY WHO I LIKED TO SAY IS A BIG SOFTY WITH KIDS PEOPLE, OK SHE MAY NOT LIKE DOGS, CATS, RABBITS , BUT WHEN WE ARE OUT SHE ON A LEAD IF THERE IS OTHER DOGS ABOUT, BUT WHAT REALLY GETS ME IS WHEN PEOPLE SEE ME PUT HER ON A LEAD THEN PLEASE PUT YOUR DOG ON ONE ITS SIMPLE..... DONT TELL ME SHE IS DANGEROUS WHEN ITS THERE DOG RUNNIN UP 2 HER BARKIN THERE HEADS OFF... THEN HAVE THE CHEEK TO TUT AT ME CUS SHE A STAFF!!! THE THING IS STAFF HAVE A BAD NAME ITS NOT THE DOG ITS WHO BROUGHT THEM UP,I WOULD GIVE ANYONE KAYAI FOR THE DAY AND LET THEM SEE HOW DANGEROUS SHE IS THEY WOULD NOT WANT 2 GIVE HER BACK....
fayeily
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:27 PM
i think staffs have got a really bad name and its really unfair, many people in my family have owned staffies in the past and i practically grew up with them and i must say they are the sweetest, softest dogs i have ever known!

my aunty has 2 of her own and she often gets bad reactions from people, especially from her eldest who is 10 years, she doesnt like young/ small dogs too much, she'll tolerate them for abit but them she just tries to get away from them (shes an old lady she doesnt want the hassle ) if they dont leave her alone my aunty tries to get rid of them because she doesnt want them to upset her dog but you'd be suprised how the owners of these yappy, snappy small dogs acuse my aunty of having the 'bad' dog.

personally i love staffies!
Zara's_Momma
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I have the same problem. Zara can be reactive and dominant with some dogs, so if I see one coming then she goes on the lead. 9/10 times the other dog owner will make no effort to recall their dog or put it on a lead until we go past. They let their dog run up to mine and then wonder why Zara starts barking. It's basic common sense, if you see an on lead dog, then you should make the effort to keep your dog away! Its on a lead for a reason!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 05:42 PM
I have the same problem with Cherry as she is fear reactive so kept on a lead and other people let their dogs charge up to her off-lead and then say "My dog is friendly! You shouldn't bring your dog out if it is fearful of other dogs"!

Must admit thought it is often Staffy owners that are the problem as we have had quite a few that let their dogs charge up from the other side of the field and then have a go at me because I will use my pet corrector spray to stop them annoying Cherry. The key issue is control as I have my dog under control and they clearly don't. We had someone on Saturday night who spolit our walk as he let 2 very large Staffy/pit-bull type dogs charge up to Cherry and then had a go at me when I kicked out at one of them and shouted. Cherry has only a small amount of eyesight at the moment so it is horrible for her to see another dog charge up like this, let alone 2 that are growling at her.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2010, 07:05 PM
There are a lot of really nice friendly staffies in our area atm. I think the pr*ts have now gone on to mastiff crosses and such because they`re bigger. (apologies to anyone who has a mastiff cross and isn`t a pr*t).