Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 03:08 PM

Hands up who's had.....

or got this awful flu that's going around??

6 in our house, of course us 4 girls just have bad colds, but the two 'males' in the house have MAN FLU!!

It has completely knocked me for 6, especially with my diabetes and this is after having my flu jab, so that was a complete waste of time wasn't it, OH had the flu jab too and he has it as well.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Sorry you are feeling like cr*p - I think its coming my way - sore throat on way, head feeling stuffed with cotton wool and want to just curl up !

its making the rounds then!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by rachelsetters View Post
Sorry you are feeling like cr*p - I think its coming my way - sore throat on way, head feeling stuffed with cotton wool and want to just curl up !

its making the rounds then!
Sounds like what I'm just getting over, Rachel. Not nice, is it? Along with the above, I have been feeling really tired lately.

I woke up one day last week to really sore and swollen glands on my neck which, thankfully, are fine now. My coldsore is also almost gone, thank god!

A few in work have it as well.

Yep, seems to be doing the rounds and apparently is a form that the vaccine doesn't protect against, though I have no idea if this is true or not!

Hope everyone who has this feels better soon!
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-12-2008, 06:33 PM
Hope you all get better really soon. My husband had triple man flu a few weeks ago Fortunately me and the kids are made of sterner stuff I hope this flu isn't a strain not covered by the flu vacc. I had mine on Friday and my arm is still a bit sore
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Not here yet...hope it doesn't either. Last time Pat had ''Man Flu'' was AFTER he'd had the jab because of his diabetes...he won't have it now.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
yup have had it here, over it now though touch wood!
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 10:07 PM
I have had a cold then felt not right for a week then had sinuitis last week and now have a cough and a sore chest feel better than last week though just hoping it doesn't get worse again, The problem I have is working with 6 year olds all day germ spreading little monsters
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-12-2008, 11:43 PM
The problem with the flu jab is that they cover you this year for last years strain so is basically worthless!

Ours started as a cold, lasted a few days, then when you think its going it hits you again with a vengance, eldest daughter couldn't move for about a week, hot/cold/hot/cold, second daughter had a really bad cough, doctor told us it was in her throat not chest/lungs but each time she coughed she was sick, one day she was sick 14 times, she finally went back to school today because of her mock GCSE's but she's still not 100%

Just to top it all, tonight I had a major hypo, blood sugars have been all over the place because of the flu, so I upped my insulin.....bad move, now I feel even more cr*p than I did before, if that was at all possible