Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Don dog lover
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-12-2017, 09:12 PM

Dogs and the Mailman

The rift between dogs and the mailman is legendary, but is it the norm? Actually more often than not a bond of friendship develops between the post (or UPS) man and the canines on his or her route. http://www.dogingtonpost.com/ups-dog...ers-get-along/
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-12-2017, 12:47 PM
My Amber loves them all and greets them with a ball.
Pitrescuemama
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2017, 10:23 AM
Our mailman is wonderful with Zen, and my neighbors dog Staley he pets them whenever there out and often gives them a treat. My Otis on the other hand despises him but he does continually try to befriend him, and always asks about him. Unfortunately he will not deliver our mail if our front door is open.
My mom has a young new mailman who hid behind the bush when he seen me walking up the sidewalk with my Zen who's only a 19 week old pup. I told him she's just a puppy and really friendly and he responded I have a deathly fear of dogs I was like OK and took her in told my mom about it and we defiantly agreed he was in the wrong profession.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

25-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Ours is perfectly fine with the mail lady and pretty much OK with all delivery drivers. And them with him. Just a few have a problem with dogs - fear them even.

If I have to answer the door, Max always goes with me. Don't always know who it is and I'd rather have my hairy pal beside me as a deterrent. If it is somebody with a package I ask if they are OK with the dog. Most are but if not I hold him by the collar. He understands.