Male 

14-01-2018, 10:37 AM

Follow Sues' flight home below

https://uk.flightaware.com/live/flig...140Z/SBGR/EGLL
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Thanks Barry, sometimes (Not often) I have to admit that technology is a great asset. I will definately check out the link tomorrow (Will be in bed when she takes off )

ETA:-
I assume that there is a telephone line to where she is even 'tho there is no internet.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 04:33 PM
not that i know of. Not been in touch with her, I don't think she can even receive a signal for her mobile phone.

Remember Brazil is not all it tries to make out it is. it is still a third world country where poor people can't even afford shoes for their feet
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-01-2018, 10:29 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Remember Brazil is not all it tries to make out it is. it is still a third world country where poor people can't even afford shoes for their feet
I know a bit about the country, was offered a job out there in 1995 but after several long discussions with someone (who was out there) and who I had worked alongside a few years before I decided against taking it. A Brazilian women working in the hotel where I stayed in Reading told me loads of horror stories about crime in Rio.

I thought there would have been a telephone in the Post Office of the town/village where Sue is staying.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
I know a bit about the country, was offered a job out there in 1995 but after several long discussions with someone (who was out there) and who I had worked alongside a few years before I decided against taking it. A Brazilian women working in the hotel where I stayed in Reading told me loads of horror stories about crime in Rio.

I thought there would have been a telephone in the Post Office of the town/village where Sue is staying.
Not the safest place to be. Firearms fatalities in Brazil as a whole is almost 100 times that of UK and I think it is even higher for Sao Paulo.

Why did Sue go there?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2018, 06:28 AM
My son married a beautiful Brazilian girl and now lives out there with his 3 daughters. He has his own English school and she is a vet and has her own practice.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2018, 11:34 AM
Sue near here now check out the link
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2018, 12:55 PM
Hi Barry, if you look up you should see her flying over Now all you have to do is fight your way through the M25 traffic to get to Heathrow Tell her we all look forward to seeing her posting here with reports of trip
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-01-2018, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Hi Barry, if you look up you should see her flying over Now all you have to do is fight your way through the M25 traffic to get to Heathrow Tell her we all look forward to seeing her posting here with reports of trip
Oh no not me, Sue took her car to a parking facility we always use at Heathrow. You pre book- drive in and unload your car, leave them with a set of keys,. Then get into a waiting vehicle which takes you to the airport terminal. On the way back you ring them and they pick you up and take you back to the car. An excellent service I can't recommend them enough.
Not one of these horror story car parks one reads about, in fact completely the opposite.

Link

https://www.purpleparking.com/about
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-01-2018, 05:06 PM
Yes that firm is well known I think. You've again triggered a distant memory, it's somewhere around 1982 and I am involved in CCTV, went to a car parking firm near Heathrow, carried out the survey and then the manager introduced me to some of his GSD's which are allowed the complete run of the place at night, he told me several times they had taken a chunk out of an intruders bum In those days you could just about get away with that and they never lost a customers car

Only slight negative to using such wonderful creatures was that the dogs (not the bitches) had a penchant for weeing on the car wheels, he even told me it was the back wheels, 'tho how he could be so sure I don't know