Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Razcox
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2008, 02:13 PM

Update on my Fussy eater

First of all a big thank you to everyone who offered help to my 'she is driving me nuts' thread. I thought i would give a bit of an update on my Ela Bella . .

She is now eating 1 decent meal a day (only half of what she should be eating but its a start!) i tried her with one of our pasta bowls which is shallower but bigger and she seems to prefer this. Sat morning i threw some CSJ onto the lawn (aka weeds, dirt and craters the moon would be proud of) and both dogs were happiler hovering it up with the added bonus that it kept them busy for about 20 mins!

I also now have a secret wepon the microwave, if i heat what ever she is eating up with the biscuits it makes it really smelly (makes me feel ill but hey she likes it!). So when Ela sniffs it (anything she eats have to pass the Ela sniff test!) it gets a bit more interest.

I also found out she doesn't like much in her bowl as she likes to move it round a lot so she now has dinner in two stages 1) Biscuits with a bit of meat, mince or fish 2) Butchers with the few biscuits she didn't eat.

You can already see the benifit of her eating better after only a few days as her hips are not so pointy now.

Thanks again for all the help!
Shih_Tzu_Lover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Hi. My dog Romeo wont eat dog food. He will only eat meats like chicken pork liver phesant that kinda thing. He loves it and its better smelling. Its keeps his coat nice and his skin healthy. If its alright with owners. My vet recommends that dogs get aleast 2 meats a week. To keep their skin and coats looking and feeling nice. Dog foods can limit the richness and can dry out skin even the jelly ones.

xxx Love all x