Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 03:08 PM

Life cycle of Ticks

Hi All,

Hope someone will know the answer to this, my husband asked it the other day after we picked up the 3rd tick of the floor in two days

He seems to think that the frontline has killed them but I thought that they just filled themselves with blood then drop off so from my point of view the frontline is doing stuff all. But as I said he thinks the frontline is killing them.

Which leads me to this question .. what does the tick do after it swells with blood ? Does it drop off or does it stay attached ?

I thought they just dropped off once they had their fill and once they had absorbed it all waited around for another host to get back onto ? Am I right or am I terribley off course ? Also does anyone know the life cycle of ticks ?
Cheers
Willow x
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 04:17 PM
here's a link telling you what their cycle is and how they feed

Ticks

Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Thanks for that mo, I needed to know all about ticks as although mine have now been Frontlined, I am forever having to remove them every other day or so, due to the long grass we encounter whilst out now, but what can you do, you can't stop them having a nice long run in the summer can you! Anyway, thanks for giving us that information.