View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2007, 09:43 AM

Red lump on upper eyelid, should I be concerned?

Hi all

Tigger is almost 18 months old and has developed a smallish red lump on his upper eyelid. Its been there for about a week now, and has grown larger and deepened in colour over the last 2 days. It looks like a v small balloon but im certain there is no tick present. (ive had lots of experience of those! hehe)

Should I be concerned? I am going to take him to the vets tomorrow anyway but wanted to know what it could possibly be in advance so I know what the vet is ruling out.

It doesnt seem to be bothering him at all, just the odd scratch at ears, which is normal. No other lumps anywhere else on body and the fur hasnt reduced around it so Im assuming its not some kind of fungus.
Any thoughts?
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Minnie had one of these a year ago- the vet said it was likely a blocked tear duct .They gave us antibiotic drops to put in her eye/under the eyelid twice a day. The lump gradually went away after a couple of weeks.I think they are quite common. Minnie's didnt bother her either- it bothered me more
garethb83
Dogsey Junior
Male 

01-10-2007, 11:11 AM
At this time of year I wouldnt rule out a sting or insect bite!! These may linger especially around the eye area.

Hopefully vets can sort ya out!!
Tigger2
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Thanks guys, i think it is bothering me more! Typical isnt it! Hadnt thought about an insect bite - he does run around like a mad thing offlead on our walks so more than possible. Plus we have a wasp nest in our front garden, he's never in the front but I suppose they could have come to the back. Cant see anything actually in the red lump tho .