Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 06:20 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, June 14

Good morning everyone. Well fingers crossed I shall get my car back tonight £600+ lighter!

Lynn, lovely to see you on here last night, do hope Dillon will be ok and your car get through it's MOT cheaper than mine has. Expect yours is a lot younger than mine which is 16 years old this year.

June, hope your back is behaving itself this morning.

Harvey, glad Rhianna's legs are improving, poor lass.

Griff, hope all is going to plan your end and good that there were so many at training.

Jenny, do hope you are coping ok and Brian too.

Norma and 1cd hope the weather is better up there for you, pretty darn awful here.

Sue and Barry, glad you finally got your sofa away for repair, as you say they do not make them like that nowadays.

LG, you made me laugh about Fagin wanting to be a daddy, no he is just like most males wants his end away! Glad Mem is keeping your shopping interests alive.

Mandy and Brenda hope all is well in your camps.

Have a good day all, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless all.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2016, 07:18 AM
Good morning Moyra and all who follow.
Hope they keep your MOT bill within the bounds of sanity, Moyra, also that they do a decent job so you can continue to keep your runabout of which you seem to have become rather fond.
I have no fondness at all for things mechanical, they are necessary I agree, but unlike most men I just have no interest in them at all, to me they are only tools like a hammer or screwdriver. The moment they let me down I'm rid of them. As I mentioned the other night - mine is due in at 10 am today for MOT, so it must be the season for them!
Same weather here - heavy showers and overcast patches in between them so nothing to write home about really.
Have a good day all - bye fer now.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-06-2016, 08:50 AM
Now the sofa is out of the way I dug out the VAX carpet cleaner. The colour of the water in the machine looked more like brown soup with the dirt from the carpet. Just got to wait now for the carpet to dry then Sue (who used the machine) will run the vacuum cleaner over it. The machine is kept in a cupboard in the garage and not been taken out since we moved in but it still works ok although it is several years old .
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Good morning

Fingers crossed the work on your car does not exceed the quote Morya.

Also hope yours passes its MOT without expense Gordon

Dull here but dry at the moment. As Barry said I shampooed the carpet whilst he did his best - i.e. watching My car is in for service and MOT next month, hope nothing is wrong as I need it for our holiday a week later.

Hope all backs are feeling better.

Hope you are ok Nippy

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 09:10 AM
Bone run today, its dry here at present but we've got rain forecast nothing like the deluge yesterday, hoping that the forecast isn't lying as the thought of driving in the type of conditions there were yesterday, and on the motorway as well, gives me the eebie jeebies
Been a couple of days of sad news on the Utonagan front old boy aged 15, has passed away, then last night I got the news of another one aged 11 has gone as well. Yesterday afternoon a friend was telling me her older dog is poorly and not looking good at all. Been going on a while now, he's very thin, not eating, coughing. Its not his heart, vets have run out of ideas, he's coming up 11. Her other dog is a Utonagan and been brought up and shown the ropes by the older one and they are very bonded. Horrid week so far and its only Tuesday
Hoping your car passes its MOT LG, otherwise you'll have to prise open the wallet, and its been open a fair bit recently
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 10:05 AM
Morning all
lets hope everyone who has a car due for mot gets a clean bill of health and if not the cheapest bill possible
Hope your carpet dries out Sue and Tumblweed
Tawneywolf, sorry to hear you have had so much bad news.
Sun is shining here which is nice, could do with the ground drying out so the grass could have a trim...particularly in the back garden. ome eejits car alarm kept going off all through the night and again this morning, was going to get up and go and have a look for him but it was raining so decided against it Lol...will moan about it going off instead
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Morning all. Oh June I hate it when we get this news. so sad for everyone. Take care.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 10:54 AM
My friends old dog has been very ill all night and he's gone on his last journey
I've spent the last 2 days crying with people
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Oh June, how very sad, so very sorry to hear the news.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-06-2016, 01:01 PM
He's crossed The Bridge, they've brought him home to bury him.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >