View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 08:09 PM
ben starts off with the *needy* look, then a whimper. and if he wants a biccy he just goes up and nudges his treat tin.
and if ive got a toy for him. he sits there and smiles at me.
and for a walk he knows that a few woo woo noises normally works.but for a lazy mutt he gets the point across
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Jobie only ever asks for fuss if you start and then stop he smacks you with his legs and pretends to bite you
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Very vocally....... which can be a bit wearing when what they're after is a no-no. If I get up to give them what they're after (it's usually food), Lennon spins round in circles - daft beggar
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Toro does a gremlin growl and bark at what ever it is she wants, Inka yawns moans and nudges you with his big wet clown nose lol
colliemagic
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Skye will bring you his ball and drop it at your feet, if I ignore him he will fetch the bigger ball and throw it at me! To get my attention he puts a paw on my knee and then goes to the cupboard for his lead or the foodbin if he wants feeding.

If he wants to go out he just opens the door himself.

Wisp will bark to get your attention and then look at whatever it is that she wants, if she wants a treat she will go and sit in her crate (she always gets treated for going in). If she wants a cuddle she puts her front paws on my knee and her head under my neck.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 01:29 PM
This made me smile!
The other morning my son came down to breakfast and said hello to Cosmo (he has no choice)...He then wandered in a dream to do something else, Cosmo gently got hold of his sleeve and took him over to his rope toy, let go and stood looking at the toy then at my son....who of course, laughed and obliged with a massive game of tug before breakfast!!!!!
It's interesting though as it did occur to me that some people would view that as being a probelm and that he was trying to bite or be dominant or some such other rubbish, when all he was doing was asking to play, in an incredibly clever way for him...his brain cells started to smoke!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-09-2008, 02:42 PM
You reminded me of something... My aunts black Labrador used to do that (now gone but not forgotten Bobby boy)... leading us all round by our sleeves, or even hands We wondered what he wanted one day when we were all over for dinner (big extended family), so we let him take us where ever he wanted and stayed put wherever he left us. He took us all into the living room, put us in a huddle in the middle of the room than went to his bed and went to sleep. Apparently he was saying... Now stay where I can see you and keep out of trouble!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3