Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 06:15 AM

Monday 8th April 2024

Well as you said stay, here I am and not a happy bunny. Looked up the tv licence and found that it has gone up, so when I come to have to renew later in the year I will have to pay more. Huh, and, because I have what they call savings from my half of the sale of the house which I have to use to pay for me living here and paying rent I do not qualify for the free tv licence when I thought I would be eligible. So even though my meagre pension went up, what with the increase in council tax, bt, water and cost of living I am no better off. And I bet the rent will go up when it comes to the landlord being advised by his agents. The government need to get their act together and realise that we are not all on megger bucks. Have a good day everyone. Wow got that off my chest. Well you did say stay. Have a great day folks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 09:48 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day. As you say we may get a pension increase but everything else is going up so in the end we are no better off. My friend and I are always complaining about it.

Nice morning here. Teazle walked and some gardening done. Now time for a coffee before thinking about lunch.

Take care everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 04:53 PM
Afternoon all
Work this morning and then physio appointment he hs not discharged mebut told me my progress is jut now to improve by doing the excercises and that I had really really well the rest will be using my arm which I have to say gets easier and must be feeeling better a now only 2 paracetamols a day and not every day.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2024, 05:28 PM
Good evening brenda, Sue, Kazz and all who might follow.
We have been out and about today, then home picked up a friends Birthday card and walked to the post office and back.
Then the evening just seems to have slipped away.

Not as warm today but dry and less windy.
Oh yes we went to an animal feed store earlier and we met the most gorgeous Basset Griffon Vendeen. He is a rescue and he sang for us when his owner asked him too then his Sister not blood related joined in.
He was so lovely.

Wow brenda I think everyone feels the same. Mark works and Lauren and they also feel the little they are supposed to get goes on the higher prices of everything.
Why the Government thinks the £900 a year national insurance or whatever it is is going to help anyone I have no idea.
It has all gone beyond anything reasonable now.

Ahh which word brenda ?
Sue sounds like another more relaxing day.
Kazz glad the arm is improving.
Chris glad Gary seems to have cheered up.
griff how is the leg ?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Lynn I adore Basset Griffon Vendeen. Were they Petit or I think the larger are called Grand. I recall the Petite is size reccomneded ie 13 =15 inches STaffs are 14 -16 Meet at Crufts on the hound day fantasticly social dogs I thought
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 05:55 PM
And don't start me on price rises of household items
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2024, 06:17 PM
It was the grand Kazz. They are still quite rare in the UK.
He was absolutely gorgeous with such beautiful eyes.
Very sociable with people wandering around the store, not so good with dogs though hence why the notice on the door ask before taking your dog in.

And shrinkflation its all getting out of hand.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 07:36 PM
Evening all
Barry, sorry for your loss.....I don't have anything to do with virtually all of my family, noty sort of people.
My leg looks a little better today, hopefully that's the end of it as I won't be able to wear a dress and no tights otherwise
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

08-04-2024, 07:40 PM
Glad your leg is looking a little better today griff.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2024, 11:35 PM
Good evening/morning all

Just our usual today.

The rise in pensions is a joke. To hear folk talk it makes us rich, but 8 percent of a pittance still leaves us with a pittance.

I've finally, after umpteen phone calls to various departments, got an appointment for the laser treatment to my right eye. They'd forgotten to put it through to be booked. They moved all the booking system to Lincoln and, honestly, they couldn't run a p***up in a brewery. Three weeks so not too long now, but so very frustrating having to chase it up and get ratty about it and being shunted so many different departments to get it sorted