Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 06:57 AM

Friday 5th April 2024

Saga of rolls: Lynn if I froze them they would probably be softer than they are now. lol!! I have managed to pull them to bits and fed them to the seagulls. They were very happy to eat them. I am amazed at how they digest any thing. So, Good Morning everyone after that little saga. It has been raining but foecast says dry by 9am Huh believe that when I don't see the wet stuff yet again. Hang on the sun is appearing as I type. So must go for a wander before it decides to again. Looks a bit suspect out there. Now am I a pessimist or optimist? I just live in hope most of the time. lol!! Have a good day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2024, 08:43 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
The weather is very changeable here today. Woke up to horrible pouring rain now it has stopped raining and the sun keeps popping in and out.
Who knows what the weather will do today overall.
brenda I am sure the Gulls are very grateful for the rolls.

Have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 09:09 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

At least someone enjoyed the rolls Brenda Have a good day.

hope you too have a good day Lynn

Raining when I got up and went over to Ben's but now the sun is trying to come out. Taken Ana to the stables for a course and pick her up at 3.00pm. Teazle walked and q quick coffee before doing the housework

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 10:12 AM
Good morning all

We took note of the forecast this morning was for rain and even a thunderstorm. Sun came out as we set off and it's still shining now.

It's forecast sunny all afternoon and, more fool me, I'll take them at their word and go for a run out on the scooter. If we get wet, I'm gonna sue 'em

Gary has got the narks on again. His computer needs to go in for a new battery to be fitted. I've told him to wait until the carers start and they can go with him. He said I should take it. I reminded him that he wouldn't go to the hospital appointment because it's the 'carers job' so he's not happy with me as usual
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 11:34 AM
Afternoon all
It's a bit changeable here but the sun is lovely and it's going to be up to 17!!
Chris, I just fitted a battery to mums laptop for her, cost me £40 and saved me sooooo much hassle having to set up a new laptop ( it's only a couple of years old too) I don't like the built in batteries, I much prefer the ones you can see and remove
Why did you get rid of the rolls Brenda?? We regularly have baked goods a week after the best before date.....if it's mouldy it's binned, if it's not... it's o.k to be eaten. I have found that Tesco own brands actually last better than brand names, we have Tesco toastie bread and swapped from Warburton's because the Warburton's went mouldy even before the best before date.
Sue, sounds like Ana has taken to riding
Lynn, did you say you had blue tits in your bird box?? I am panicking as mine haven't come back, I thought I heard and saw him a couple of weeks ago but he has vanished again ( spent £50 on a camera to watch them too)
Need to pop to boots and ask if the pharmacist can look at my leg for me
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2024, 12:31 PM
Fingers crossed you stay dry Chris.
Hopefully Gary will come round soon.

griff we haven't got blue tits back yet, Gorden cleaned the box out ready for them but so far and I think its a bit late now no signs of nesting this year.
I hope Boots can sort the leg for you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 01:02 PM
Kelly the rolls were sort of out of date and rock hard. I managed to break them up for the seagulls. Sun has been shining since this morning and now quite warm out.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 02:21 PM
Ahhhh, I see Brenda, I think our delivery people tell us short dated stuff and we reject them and they give them and refund.
Lynn, we usually have babies around may here so not sure if it's later in April that they turn up....the anxiety of it all lol
Saw a chemist in super drug... nothing he can do, says I will have to see the dr
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-04-2024, 03:57 PM
Oh that's a pain griff.
Fingers crossed you get a pair in the bird box we can live in hope.
Dreadful when we start getting anxious about the birds.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2024, 04:31 PM
Good afternoon all.

Not a bad day here windy though but not bad.

Been out this morning picked up a few bits in Sainsburys and thate me done.
Home now and pottering between readng a book on the kindle and now on here to check banking mostly but thought I would pop on to say Hello.

Glad all is going well for everyone shame the pharmascist could not help about you leg Griff. Chris I imagine GAry will pop between your job role and careers roles for a while. Sue whats the course horse or stable related alhtough I suppose they are the same. Brenda glad the seagulls enjoyed a free breakfast.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >