Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:09 PM

M & S Insurance Renewal

Just got my M & S Renewal though for Georgie and it has jumped from £120 for the first year I insured with them, to a whopping £230 for the next year without having made one claim!!!!

Any ideas where to go next? I was right in my assumption then that they did the first year cheap just to get you on board, then hit you for the 2nd year by doubling it up!!! I dread to think what Cassie's will be in a couple of month's time coz hers was £240 for her first year anyway with them. Shame coz I thought they were a good reasonably priced insurance for pets. I'm off to look elsewhere now
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:13 PM
I recently had my renewal through from M&S for my two. It had doubled too. I cancelled my insurance and have opened a separate account and am putting £30 a month into it, instead of into the insurance company's pocket.

I did wonder how M&S could offer such cheap policies as well as no excess ... and I think the answer is, they couldn't Now we are seeing the price hikes.
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:16 PM
mine did as well ....£4 a month just for India so i'm think if its £4 per dog thats £20 a month for me my next paymemt is 15 Fed so i will cancel them all a few days before and stop the payments ....i will put what i am paying now in the bank thats nearly £60 per month
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I'm with TSB pet insurance and I've heard they do exactly the same. I'm gonna probably do same thing you are, put money in an account and keep it for any vet trips.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Dont think it was a case of doing the first year cheap there have been various threads on here re M & S and think it is the underwriters AXA who have caused the increase. Mine is due for renewal in August and I have the two boys insured with M and S. So I will wait and see how much it increases by and take it from there . Although it will go up in price it may be that when you compare what you are getting for your money from M & S and what you get from others that it is better to stay with M & S . Good luck in checking out the others but do remember to read the small print. There are also threads which Azz started getting a quote from various ins. companies comparing one Insurance Company with another another, You coud have a look for these or perhaps someone will come on who is more computer literate than me (which wouldn't be hard) andnive you the link.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 02:19 PM
I feel better that it's happened to you too then!!! I might go the way you have now, especially with 2 dogs, and neither of them have ever had anything wrong with them other than their "pre-existing conditions" which are excluded from the policy anyway Short of breaking a leg or something, I wouldn't be able to make a claim against Cassie coz nothing internal is covered now due to her intestinal probs, and Georgie only itches like mad needing regular vet trips which are also not covered! Hey ho!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2007, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
Dont think it was a case of doing the first year cheap there have been various threads on here re M & S and think it is the underwriters AXA who have caused the increase.
That is what has happened. I emailed them about it. I have had Finn's insurance at £8.70 for the last two years and have claimed for allergies so I am stuck with them if I want his allergies covered

His premium will be going up to around £30 according to their quotation system.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-01-2007, 02:50 PM
Rio is with M&S has never made a claim, has no pre-existing conditions is as fit as a flea actually, her premium is £15 per month and on renewal it is increasing to £51 per month . I will be swapping her to Syd's insurer who wants £16 per month, and his remained static this year.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Yes - apparently it was a price hike from the underwriters as oppose to M&S themselves. We have 2 insured with them and one is up for renewal now - like many others the price was over double (without any claims!). I haven't renewed the insurance and have gone to PetPlan instead as that is who my other one is with.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2007, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Rio is with M&S has never made a claim, has no pre-existing conditions is as fit as a flea actually, her premium is £15 per month and on renewal it is increasing to £51 per month . I will be swapping her to Syd's insurer who wants £16 per month, and his remained static this year.
Who's Syd with then please Trouble??? That sounds a good deal you've got there, much more up my street!
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »