Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
HiddenGem
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2012, 01:40 PM

Swollen paw also fungal nail infection - seeking natural ways to treat - *pics*

basically ive taken mia to the vets recently shes been through the wars.. a cold antibiotics now shes got this random swollen foot which she was constantly chewing and making worse herself.
she took antibiotics and it has helped alot its now calming down but i feel like shes going to start chewing it again.. i was wondering if theres anything i can do at home to help it. i feeel sooo bad but right now im financially screwed and i cant afford another 50 vet bill this week. soo ive got some pictures (ive got to try to figure out how to upload ) and then hopefully you guys can advise me of any home remedies i can try for a week.

i have hibiscrub aswell. just wondered about anti-imflammetry or good fungal treatments.

bare with me while i figure out the picutures

good foot:

Bad foot :

the nail a hell of alot better but in my eyes could be better

i caught her having a little chew at it this morning. i dont know whether to put her lampshade again.. she wore it for two weeks already though shes been out of it for about a week now she hasnt been attempting to chew it until this morning but that was only a lil.

heres her slightly swollen pad :

the good pad :
HiddenGem
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2012, 01:55 PM
i hope im not being paranoid please tell me if im over worrying
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2012, 05:55 PM
I have to say, those pictures of the swollen toes are very familiar as Jimmi has had so many problems in the past with a similar thing.

There can be umpteen reasons for it (with Jimmi it has often been little cists between the toes which turned into abscesses), but the inflammation definitely indicates that something is amiss.

You could try standing the foot in salt water (1 tsp to a pint of warm boiled water) for several minutes three times a day, drying the paw thoroughly with kitchen roll afterwards, but if that doesn't calm things down then it will definitely need to be investigated.

Good luck
HiddenGem
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2012, 06:19 PM
yeah the previous antibiotics worked really well. i want to get another course when my moneys up(hopefully next week) i feel so bad that i cant take her this week.
ill try the salt water this week hopefully that will help.
its so random that it happened it happened shortly after her antibiotics for her cold although the vet said it would have been all four paws if she was allergic to those tabs.