Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally Posted by Foxy
Wow I didn't realise quite how many adventures Dinky had had He's been more places than me Fantastic thread and beautiful pictures of you gorgeous little Megan, Kath and of course those beautiful Bichons and Mishka. I LOVE Fleurs new collar and lead, looks lovely
Oh thanks Jan, I didn't realise that I'd managed to loose the picture with Harvey our black cat off one of the earlier adventures.......good job he's a magic black cat as he's reappeared now
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Originally Posted by Meganrose
Oh thanks Jan, I didn't realise that I'd managed to loose the picture with Harvey our black cat off one of the earlier adventures.......good job he's a magic black cat as he's reappeared now
Ooh I wondered what the missing photo was - I will go back and have a look now
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Dinky sail's back to........ Portsmouth

As Dinky was floating above the vast sea after leaving Tasmania he spied a huge ship down below him. He decided to go down further for a look, he didn't mean to actually land on the deck but, as he got closer the wind dropped and he tumbled down onto it. "Ouch" said Dinky as he fell the last few feet from the air. Dinky gave himself a little shake and set off floating just above the deck to see what was there. He could see it was a very busy place, a bit like a giant shopping complex. There were so many different rooms, and halls, and places to eat and there was even two swimming pools! Dinky thought that was funny..to be swimming pools on a ship that was sailing through vast seas and wondered why on Earth you would need MORE water. There were lot's of chairs and sunbeds around the swimming pools and lot's and lot's of people sitting on them reading, listening to music and chatting to each other. Just then Dinky heard a little girl's voice and thought just for a moment it was Megan "Wait for me Arran" shouted the little girl as she ran past Dinky. Splosh was the sound Dinky heard and then another sploosh as the little girl followed her brother Arran into the swimming pool. The children were having great fun and were quickly followed by more children witha ball and the sound of laughter and children playing filled the air, along with the music playing in the background and the sound of adults talking to each other.

Every now and again people would walk by Dinky along a corridor and Dinky decided to follow them. As he went further along he could smell the most delicious scents in the air. Then he arrived in a room full of food! People were eating and chatting and occasionally someone would say hello to Dinky. Dinky was feeling very hungry again and he followed everyone along the tables and got himself some food. He got some chicken..still warm and all golden brown, some lovely bread with those nice little seeds on top of it, some salad (Megan's mummy is always telling him to eat up his salad and vegetables) and a sausage roll. Then he saw the CAKES..he had never seen so many beautiful cakes, big one, little ones, white ones, pink ones, ones with fruit on the top and cream, and his favourite ...meringue. Very soon Dinky had eaten so much he was feeling a little sickly. His tummy was all fat and blown up and he went back up onto the deck to have a rest in one of those chairs!

Dinky soon drifted off to sleep and began to dream of his adventures. After a while he awoke to the sound of excited voices and looked up to see people hurrying to look over the side of the ship. Dinky joined them and he could just see a school of Dolphins racing along the side of the ship. Every now and again one would leap out of the water, as if showing off and then swim even faster trying to race the ship. Dinky watched the Dolphins until they finally swam off in a different direction and then he returned to his chair and fell asleep again.

He awoke this time to find.....an albatross sat in the chair next to him! "Hello" said the albatross "my names Albert, whats yours"? Dinky introduced himself and told Albert about all of his adventures and how he missed Megan. Albert told him that he has a friend who lives in Portsmouth called Donna who he knows would love to help Dinky write to Megan. Albert told Dinky that Donna has a lovely dog called Zuki who is all white. Albert said that Donna knows about the old ships at Portsmouth and would be there now if Dinky would like to go and see them. Dinky thought that sounded really interesting but, asked "how can I get there though, I don't think the wind is blowing in the right direction"? "No problem" said Albert "climb aboard". Dinky climbed up onto Albert's back and with a flap of Albert's huge wings off they set. Very soon they were high above the ship and just as quickly the ship was gone into the distance. In now time at all they were approaching Portsmouth and Dinky could see a sort of white spaceship shaped tower. "What is that"? he asked Albert "oh that's the Spinnaker Tower, I'm sure that Donna will tell you all about it" and with that Albert came down to land on a big old wooden ship with huge masts. It was amazing and Dinky found out later when he met Donna that it was called 'The Victory' and it was the where Admiral Lord Nelson had lived whilst he saved England from enemies a very long time ago. It was very small inside and Dinky, Donna and Albert had to be careful not to knock their heads on the roof as they looked around.

Donna and Albert were great fun and Donna showed Dinky all around another great ship 'H.M.S. Warrior' and explained to Dinky that this was the best ship a long time ago as it was the fastest, biggest and best armed warship, although it had never fired a shot in anger. Donna explained to Dinky that it was very special as it was the only one of it's kind still left today. From the top of Spinnaker Tower Dinky could see all of Portsmouth and even the Isle of Wight. Dinky and Albert had a lovely day with donna and Zuki. Donna said that she would post some postcards to Megan for Dinky and after a cuddle with lovely white Zuki Dinky and Albert left. Up they went high into the clouds again..................

Megan got her lovely postcards.

Megan couldn't look, as she was too busy reading her cards!

Just a quick peep then!

Fleur really liked The Warrior

Billy Bob liked the Spinnaker Tower

That's if he and Megan weren't just too dog tired

Megan say's "Thank you Donna and Zuki" XX
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 07:44 AM
This thread is an absolute delight. I wonder if I might bump into Dinky while I'm in New York next week? Of course, I'll need some details of where to tell him to send Megan's postcards....
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Thank you Megan, the story has made my day

Brilliant, you should really make it into a book, you have really good imagination, all of us on dogsey would buy it!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:36 AM
Thank you Vicki, I'll PM you. That liucky little Dinosaur

Kath XX
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by Donna&Zuki
Thank you Megan, the story has made my day

Brilliant, you should really make it into a book, you have really good imagination, all of us on dogsey would buy it!
Thanks Donna, We couldn't do it without all our friends on dogsey though

Kath XX
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 08:52 AM
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ive gone all goosey reading dinkys story. megan is a lucky little girl with such a special friend like dinky.
hiya megan ((((WAVES)))))
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by bens mum
aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh ive gone all goosey reading dinkys story. megan is a lucky little girl with such a special friend like dinky.
hiya megan ((((WAVES)))))
Aww thank you. Megan is a very lucky little girl. I just hope we're not boring everyone else witless with this as we really enjoy all the magic
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Meganrose
Aww thank you. Megan is a very lucky little girl. I just hope we're not boring everyone else witless with this as we really enjoy all the magic
bored no way i love it, while dinkys haing his travels u carry on writing, i for one love it and im sure everyone else will agree.
Page 8 of 22 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 > Last »