Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
as ive said before...its because their use has changed...its speed equals money...not what sibes were originally bred for.....
It also said the dogs were husky x hound.
EmmiS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:36 AM
I actually really enjoyed this weeks!
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Just watching it on iplayer...

Can I say first, that I love the house and GARDEN where Amy lives!!! So much room. Lucky thing!

I do get fed up of the narrator and others suggesting the dog needs "discipline" - sounds like Supernanny If you just watch the way she's chasing her dog and all the body language (dog and human) you can tell the dog probably just needs to be trained correctly (as I think is so often the case) and yes, given boundaries it can understand and rewarded for doing the right thing.

I wish they'd just explain this.

Wys
x
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I must say, I didn't think some of their coats were thick enough to cope with -50 degrees, but I guess they do

Wys
x
Wyrd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 09:07 AM
I watched the last half last night and the fist half this morning on Iplayer.

I'm not sure how some of those dogs coped with the cold, they had no hair

You could see from the body language with Amy and her dog that she was chasing around the garden and 'playing' with him, and she even used a 'happy' tone to tell him off for biting.

Also they showed a clip of the boys mother feeding the dogs a huge bowl full of food, did they really need that much food!? (I've never fed dry food, but I would assume it's far too much) no wonder they were being destructive and fighting they were all hyped up on lots and food and no training.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Just watching it on iplayer...

Can I say first, that I love the house and GARDEN where Amy lives!!! So much room. Lucky thing!

I do get fed up of the narrator and others suggesting the dog needs "discipline" - sounds like Supernanny If you just watch the way she's chasing her dog and all the body language (dog and human) you can tell the dog probably just needs to be trained correctly (as I think is so often the case) and yes, given boundaries it can understand and rewarded for doing the right thing.

I wish they'd just explain this.

Wys
x
I hated that the people and Amy herself couldn't see that all her dog was doing was playing, it wasn't malicious biting, it was playing.

Overall - quite boring for me too, not as exciting as I thought it would've been and I still can't work out what they saw in the trees on the way to the river..
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2012, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Overall - quite boring for me too, not as exciting as I thought it would've been and I still can't work out what they saw in the trees on the way to the river..
Moose ???....
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
yes...which is the common cross..they are called 'alaskan huskies'
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I must say, I didn't think some of their coats were thick enough to cope with -50 degrees, but I guess they do

Wys
x
thats why the calories were calculated so importantly
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

17-05-2012, 11:37 AM
What is it with these Staffy owners that stops them putting a lead on their dogs when road walking ....
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
Also they showed a clip of the boys mother feeding the dogs a huge bowl full of food, did they really need that much food!? (I've never fed dry food, but I would assume it's far too much) no wonder they were being destructive and fighting they were all hyped up on lots and food and no training.
Yeah it was Bakers as well, spotted the box on the counter No wonder they were barmy!

Nice enough way to end but bit of a boring episode again. Not enough focus on the dogs, too much focus on the people for my liking. I would give my right arm for Amy's house and garden!
Page 41 of 43 « First < 31 38 39 40 41 42 43 >