View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:30 PM
Having read about that "clattering" you're doing, then I'm now 100% sure it's an abcess, coz of the way an abcess underneath a tooth (sometimes on the root itself!) can misalign it, I've had loads of that before and was stuffing tiny bits of brown bread into the corner of my mouth to get something solid into me whilst Dave and Mum were tucking into a juicy steak!!!

They'll probably x-ray it as well as giving you the ab's just to see whether they can in fact root canal fill it, which is highly expensive and quite rubbish imo!! I once went through 4 hours of agony in a dentist's chair who didn't know what he was doing, root canal filling two back teeth, only to be in MORE pain at 9pm that night when the injections wore off!!!!! I then ended up at another dentist (my absolute saviour who I have used ever since!)who said he was very sorry but he was going to have to take them BOTH out!!!!! Oh I've been through hell with my back teeth, and I know only too well what you're going through believe me!

Thing about it NOW, because these will probably be your options tomorrow. GEt the ab's into you that's for sure, and when it's all settled down again, don't think to yourself, oh I don't want to go back and have it out coz it's ok now, coz trust me, you'll be back in this same boat be it 6 months down the road. Like you say, it's only a blooming wisdom tooth, and they're NOT as deep rooted as we are led to believe, especially if an abcess has been moving it around like yours has, it will come out no trouble! The thing is, yes, the bottom ones are more difficult and sometimes, just sometimes, they send you off to hospital. I had my bottom ones out sedated in the chair so I don't know how hard the struggle was for the dentist quite honestly, only that when I came round my shoes were over the other side of the room and the dentist and his assistant were laughing their heads off!!!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what will probably be put to you tomorrow, but if you want my honest opinion, I'd have the begger out, it really isn't worth all this pain and any future recurrence, which there WILL be!!!

It's been a whole year for me now since I haven't had one of these beggers, and I wish I'd done this many years ago. I had one so bad last year that one side of my face swelled up like I'd been doing the rounds with Mike T and my eye even closed up it was soooooo swollen. Apart from that, it's not good to have all that poison floating around inside the body, even after taking ab's it's gotta go somewhere, and it's really not good, it's far better for them to just whip it out and let it all drain, if they can of course, coz I'm not too sure about those lower wisdom's

Benzmum is right about all those painkillers, you must dose yourself up with them, it won't get better until you've visited that dentist, when he could open a bit of the gum around that tooth and it will drain a bit and at least you'll get SOME relief, not for long, but it's nice whilst it lasts!

Good luck, I really feel for you mate xxxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:34 PM
Ouch Ouch Ouch!!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:41 PM
That sounds EXACTLY what I had with a back tooth, the dentist couldn't fit me in for 3 days, so I took myself off to the dental hosptial in Birmingham. When I got there, I was so tearful, angry and exhausted....they said it was a abcess, but because I can not take anti-biotics (anathalatic shock(sp) they had to take it out there and then.....although the taste was the worst ever....boy the relief was brilliant.

Hope they sort it hun....have it out if poss, you'll feel great afterwards.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
That sounds EXACTLY what I had with a back tooth, the dentist couldn't fit me in for 3 days, so I took myself off to the dental hosptial in Birmingham. When I got there, I was so tearful, angry and exhausted....they said it was a abcess, but because I can not take anti-biotics (anathalatic shock(sp) they had to take it out there and then.....although the taste was the worst ever....boy the relief was brilliant.

Hope they sort it hun....have it out if poss, you'll feel great afterwards.
Snap Steph, I had that with an amoxycillin I had 7 docs round me when they rushed me in, and had 20 mins left to live - apparently!!!! There's only one left for me now, the metronidazole..... for the time being anyway!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 05:13 PM
thanks guys... H.. I defo think I want the damn thing out now.. 36 years without a pain in my mouth.. I get one damn filling and all hell breaks loose...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 05:17 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Snap Steph, I had that with an amoxycillin I had 7 docs round me when they rushed me in, and had 20 mins left to live - apparently!!!! There's only one left for me now, the metronidazole..... for the time being anyway!!
OMG......so nice to meet someone else who has it.( that must sound stupid) I could take Metronidazole but now can not even take that... If I ever go down ill, I have to suffer it.

And they are right 20 mins is what they say.... both Heartlands and Selly-Oak Hospital, have given me the max of 20mins...before the end.

Such a frightening thing to anyone who has it....I also have had it happen with a steak once....the hospital suspect it was treated with Penicillian before I ate it

As I have got older I have developed a skin intolerence to things too, the skin dept at Solihull have said it is a kind of same thing......so I have to watch what products I use
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh Hun poor you (((hugs)))

If you cant last til tomorrow, I would go down to A&E and see if they can give you ABs.

Either that or some alcohol, I would recommend Tequila (it had me totally numb on Saturday )
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Oh Hun poor you (((hugs)))

If you cant last til tomorrow, I would go down to A&E and see if they can give you ABs.

Either that or some alcohol, I would recommend Tequila (it had me totally numb on Saturday )
pml@ you... sambuca perhaps.. im not a big fan of tequila..

I took anapholactic shock about seven years ago after using vicks throat spray.... it was so scary.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Oh chick, you poor lamb........

I think you can do one thing only....... get sh*t-faced.....

I'll be thinking about you tomorrow, honey xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 06:54 PM
Oh hun, so sorry you're suffering. Tooth pain is the worst! Hope they sort it for you once and for all tomorrow. xxxxx
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »