View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 07:07 PM
sorry i was struck down with the lurgy post crufts.

I did weigh in though, and to my amazement had lost 3lbs
I am not expecting this weeks WI to be anywhere near as good cos I have been making up for last weeks lost appetite!
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by thandi View Post
sorry i was struck down with the lurgy post crufts.

I did weigh in though, and to my amazement had lost 3lbs
I am not expecting this weeks WI to be anywhere near as good cos I have been making up for last weeks lost appetite!
Well done! 3 pounds is GREAT! you might be plesantly surprised at the next weigh in. Keep thinking positive thoughts.

There's so many bloomin' viruses, colds and bugs around at the moment. As soon as you get over one thing you get knocked down with another! Still, it will soon be Summer. (Don't want it too hot though.)
Kelly1966
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-03-2008, 08:53 PM
I Want To Join
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 11:09 AM
your more than welcome to join!!

Computer broken for few weeks so popping in on works pc now and again.

I lost 2.5lb this week so really pleased. Couple more and i will have lost a stone.

Well done everyone and keep up the good work.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I just want to give you all a bit of hope with Weightwatchers! My husband managed to lose 4 stone in a 6 months, by losing only 2 or 3lbs every week, and that's enough for anybody, slowly but surely He was very good and STUCK to it, no biscuits or nibbles, just the food I made him which was still nutrient packed but with no or very low in fat. It's the fats and sugars you've got to keep your eye on! With weightwatchers, he did the points system, every food has a certain mount of points, and you're only allowed so many points a day, and quite honestly that's a very good way of doing this.

Keep it up, you will get there, even though 2 or 3 lbs doesn't seem much, it soon adds up as the weeks go by, so well done to all of you.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-03-2008, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I just want to give you all a bit of hope with Weightwatchers! My husband managed to lose 4 stone in a 6 months, by losing only 2 or 3lbs every week, and that's enough for anybody, slowly but surely He was very good and STUCK to it, no biscuits or nibbles, just the food I made him which was still nutrient packed but with no or very low in fat. It's the fats and sugars you've got to keep your eye on! With weightwatchers, he did the points system, every food has a certain mount of points, and you're only allowed so many points a day, and quite honestly that's a very good way of doing this.

Keep it up, you will get there, even though 2 or 3 lbs doesn't seem much, it soon adds up as the weeks go by, so well done to all of you.
Gosh, you must be very proud of your husband Helena, he's done really well. Thanks alot for the advice.

I never wanted a quick fix when I started this diet and only want to lose it slowly. Losing 2 or 3 pound a week is fine by me as I have a lot to loose. I go too Weight Watchers and count the points. Since I've started healthy eating from this January I've completely changed my way of eating. I've completely seen the light for once in my life and have come to my senses at last about being morbidly overweight and am determined to loose it. Like you say you have to watch the sugars and the fats.

One of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm fitter is to be able to take Asti out for long walks on the lead, my husband does the lead walking with her, I do the off lead walking, plus we will get another dog to go with Asti when I'm alot fitter.

One of the best things I've done this year is to join a Private Leisure Centre where I can go swimming when I like and to be able to park the car. Before I used to use our local council pool which was joined onto a school. It got in the end you couldn't park in the leisure centre car park to be able to go swimming as the teachers of the school used to park in all the spaces provided to the leisure centre!! I was only being able to go swimming about once a week. But now I can go whenever I want. It costs £41 a month for the private health club which is held in a hotel but well worth it in my case. Looking forward to using their gym when I'm allowed to by my doctor. I find exercise really helps.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by Asti View Post
Gosh, you must be very proud of your husband Helena, he's done really well. Thanks alot for the advice.

I never wanted a quick fix when I started this diet and only want to lose it slowly. Losing 2 or 3 pound a week is fine by me as I have a lot to loose. I go too Weight Watchers and count the points. Since I've started healthy eating from this January I've completely changed my way of eating. I've completely seen the light for once in my life and have come to my senses at last about being morbidly overweight and am determined to loose it. Like you say you have to watch the sugars and the fats.

One of the things I'm looking forward to when I'm fitter is to be able to take Asti out for long walks on the lead, my husband does the lead walking with her, I do the off lead walking, plus we will get another dog to go with Asti when I'm alot fitter.

One of the best things I've done this year is to join a Private Leisure Centre where I can go swimming when I like and to be able to park the car. Before I used to use our local council pool which was joined onto a school. It got in the end you couldn't park in the leisure centre car park to be able to go swimming as the teachers of the school used to park in all the spaces provided to the leisure centre!! I was only being able to go swimming about once a week. But now I can go whenever I want. It costs £41 a month for the private health club which is held in a hotel but well worth it in my case. Looking forward to using their gym when I'm allowed to by my doctor. I find exercise really helps.
H you must be so proud of Dave, and Asti you've got lots of things to look forward to, it's good to have goals, and make them reachable one by one.

The slow but sure method will always be far more sucessful because you really do need to change habits for good, which can only be done long term.

I'm dying to go swimming, but I can't swim. I've been on the waiting list for classes for over a year now.

Last year when I lost the 6 stone I used to use my exercise cycle everyday and I must get it out again as the OH moved it out of my gym so my son could have his own lounge when he came home from hospital.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 07:44 PM
If you already go to Weightwatchers, then their little point counting calculator is an absolute "must have"! You can check everything before you open your mouth and put it in! I know them all off the top of my head now when asked how many points a certain thing is after spending all those months doing Dave's calorie counts! Enjoy your swimming, that will be a real calorie burner, plus you use every single muscle in your body with no weight bearing to damage them, it's brilliant!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh can I join???

A few years back I lost over 3 stone on fitness and food restriction (not healthy foods)
The fitness bit was good - I swapped my gym membership for a mountain bike and in the winter I used the exercise bike while watching the TV - got up to the stage where I could peddle away for an hour long programme

Last wed I decided to start healthy eating - and I feel better already
Sort of based on you are what you eat - but for a real person

One tip I have found from other healthy eating binges - dont give up on the healthy fats
Lots of hummus, avacado, nuts and oily fish - I didnt have to use moisturiser any more my skin was so soft - and I was less hungry

Since Wed I have lost 3lb (including me being bad on sunday!!)
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Oooh I'll try and join in! I really want to lose some weight before a photo session my dad's booked for mid April so have to get my act together (have put on LOADS of weight recently).

I'm starting as of now so will weigh in on Wednesdays. (Will weigh myself tomorrow morning - never weigh in of an evening).

Shiba, you've done really well! I wouldn't expect to do nearly as well as you - will look forward to recipes too as I'm not very inventive but the main problem I have is not snacking between meals!
Page 4 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »