View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:08 PM
You could try a bit of reverse psycology and tell him if he wont see the doctor then it can't be that bad and you have no intention of pandering to his whim's anymore, you wont pick him up from work if he rings feeling ill, if he collapses then you'll just step over him etc etc see if that works!
Alternatively just call an ambulance if he collapses again.
Becky
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
You could try a bit of reverse psycology and tell him if he wont see the doctor then it can't be that bad and you have no intention of pandering to his whim's anymore, you wont pick him up from work if he rings feeling ill, if he collapses then you'll just step over him etc etc see if that works!
Alternatively just call an ambulance if he collapses again.
Becky
I have said next time he collapses i'm ringing an ambulance, but I know it's a matter of seconds really, so by the time it got here he'd just say he was fine and I know for a fact he wouldn't go.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have said next time he collapses i'm ringing an ambulance, but I know it's a matter of seconds really, so by the time it got here he'd just say he was fine and I know for a fact he wouldn't go.
thats the only problem,they wouldnt be able to make him go,they could advise him to go but they couldnt make him
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:55 PM
I know this is wrong wrong wrong, but, how about pulling a massive guilt trip, explain that your very worried about him (which I know you obviously genuinely are !) and as your are that worried it's making YOU ill. So you felt that for his own health and -your sanity- you rang NHS help line and asked for advice they stressed to you (go a bit OTT if you have to and think it will help) that he should see a doctor ASAP. I know it's lying and creating a bit of drama, but if it gets him to the doctor ..........
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 12:57 PM
Tell him you've put all his symptoms into an online medical thing and it says he has brain cancer, if that doesn't get him down the doctors then knock him unconcious and call an ambulance and get them to look at him while he's out for the count!
Becky
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Tell him you've put all his symptoms into an online medical thing and it says he has brain cancer, if that doesn't get him down the doctors then knock him unconcious and call an ambulance and get them to look at him while he's out for the count!
Becky
are you being serious?
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:13 PM
I have said it could be anything, and he keeps joking about his 'tumour', but in all reality we don't know, so it could be anything.

It seems the only way to get him there would be if he were out for the count Becky.
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:19 PM
kel read this it may help,do any of the symptoms sound like this?-

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/migraine.html
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
I have said it could be anything, and he keeps joking about his 'tumour', but in all reality we don't know, so it could be anything.

It seems the only way to get him there would be if he were out for the count Becky.
What is it with men
Well I wish you luck with whatever method you find to get him seen. Have you tried no sex til you go to a gp? :smt002
Becky
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2007, 01:22 PM
now no sex could be a good one,it says on that link that migraines can come on due to sexual arousal
Page 4 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »